• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I saw on Fox 59 they did a story of a neighborhood on the far east side where the water had damaged cars and was getting up to their front steps of their homes.

My yards (front and back) have in spots water roughly around 6 inches deep if not more, water flowing across the driveway (may not be now but it was most of the day). I would venture to say I have about 1/4 acre under water.

To top it all off, the lightning show we had this morning fried/kicked/tripped/zapped the cable box on the lines so now it is not so Comcastic at home :(

Anyone else having water issues from the storm?

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Spots in the yard are at least 6" deep. In the drainage ditch on both sides of my driveway, they're at least 14-16" deep. It was comin' down with a fury this morning! :ar15:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I had to try 3 different routes in my big 3 mile commute to work. ALL the roads were severely flooded. I still had to cross some deep water.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm in Wanamaker. There's a lot of flooded areas in the fields and there's certain streets who's yards always flood when it rains, but other than that its all good around here. I hope you don't have any damage and your outage doesn't last long.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We are kind of lucky with our house. This isn't really anything new sadly, but it doesn't get to the house... just makes a mess of the yard. This spring I bought 2 utility pumps and sunk them in a pit in the front and back yard to pump the standing water out into a ditch that carries it to the neighborhood that was on Fox today. Instead of having a water logged yard for a few weeks after the rain, its a couple of days now.

Cable though... bunny ears just don't cut it!!!!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    206th street had flooding in a few places and some of the connector roads were totally covered. Heard on the radio that Sheridan was completely cut off for awhile by flooded roads. The creeks are in Hamilton county are certainly up.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I feel like I got lucky to've caught my sump pump before it failed completely... After only a couple of hundred dollars and some sweating and replumbing later, I think my basement might actually stay dry through all this!! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom