Anyone else following the Nazi "Gold Train" story?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Have you seen the only "proof" the two men showed the local authorities?

No wonder some experts say it's a scam.

Image 'proof' of Nazi gold train inside a tunnel in Poland revealed | Daily Mail Online

But Dr Jerzy Zietek from the University of Science and Technology in Krakow told Gazeta Wroclawska: 'I’ve made thousands of GPR readings and none look like that.'He added: 'It is obvious that the sections indicated as cannons have a different resolution to the other sections. In my opinion this is a scam.'

2C26611500000578-3229403-image-m-3_1441897296839.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I have no idea what to make of this in terms of reality vs scam. It does seem feasible, looking at the geography, that you could hide a tunnel there if you wanted to. But how hard would it be to know if it's there, once you started looking? Technology isn't my field, but look how easy it is to find a teeny piece of metal with a metal detector. it seems like a train would be obvious once you checked. ???

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Now saying complex covers 500 acres and is huge....and I'm hearing 3 trains now.

I don't know if it will come to anything...but it sure is interesting to watch.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Having recently read the book, "Monuments Men", I think it highly likely that the story is true. There are probably still caverns and tunnels with artwork and treasure buried in areas of formally Nazi controlled territory.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Multi-level complex, spanning 500 acres, 3 trains and untold other items down there. Polish Gov't is saying they'll need explosives to excavate their way into parts of the complex.

My mind is churning with all the possibilities of what could be down there; gold, bodies, guns, art, the amber room, Nazis..... I am so anxious to hear what's down there!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Multi-level complex, spanning 500 acres, 3 trains and untold other items down there. Polish Gov't is saying they'll need explosives to excavate their way into parts of the complex.

My mind is churning with all the possibilities of what could be down there; gold, bodies, guns, art, the amber room, Nazis..... I am so anxious to hear what's down there!

Maybe Nazis who are living inside the mountain in a tunnel since the end of the war, had kids who became Nazis and who are not aware the war ended. :dunno:

We might need to bring back some WW2 veterans to kick their asses again.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I find this story interesting and have been following it as I see new reports on it. There was a bunch of Europe's treasures that were not found after the war. I am sure private collectors have some but others are probably still hidden by the Nazis and not found yet.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Nazi gold makes me think of Harry Dean Stanton with one of my all time favorite movie lines: "Joe, I think I got the crabs." or Donald Sutherland: "Eating cheese, drinking some wine and catching some rays".

Kelly's Hero's - AWESOME!!!! One of my favorites growing-up and still today.

Top Bottom