Anyone else here hate "Hot Pocket Roulette"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So Mrs. Monkey found a single hot pocket in the back of the freezer this evening while looking for something else.

I got hungry a few minutes ago so I threw it in the nuker. But I have very little idea what it actually is because the boneheads dont print the flavor anywhere but on the cardboard box. Once out of the box, there is no indication as to what flavor it is other than knowing what it ISNT due to the type of crust. In this case, its not a pretzel crust, so it cant be my favorite jalapeno cheese and chicken. :drool:.

Turns out it was a weird spicy beef taco. :thumbsup:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This reminds me of what my mom used to do with soup. Given that the local schools would save labels to redeem for whatever from the manufacturer, she would religiously save them. The problem is that, even though she didn't take them in that often, she insisted on ripping them off the cans as soon as they came in the door. I would remind her that she was still sitting on a stack of the things with no particular delivery date under consideration, so it won't hurt a thing to wait until after we actually use the soup. Of course, I was just her kid and didn't know anything, so it was always a wild guess what might be in the plain silver can. Sometimes, if I caught it fast enough, I could take a marker and label the cans, but if I didn't get the jump on her, it was straight into the realm of wild guesses.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    As a young man I lived on a sailboat for a few years, I learned quickly that a Sharpie was your friend, you knew it was going to be a good day if you opened a can up for breakfast and it was Roast Beef Hash. Other times lunch might be a can of yellow corn.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A "hot pocket" is when you poop in the bed portion of a fold out couch, then fold it all back up. Do I hate it? Honestly I'm indifferent.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I was a single guy, I had a great time. Lots and lots of family's everywhere live on boats.. Next time you roll through the FL keys check the moorings in the harbor. Every kid I ever met that grewup on a sailboat was a excellent student and well rounded kid. I have painted the wall in the Azores along with sailing past the cape and the horn ( both almost uneventful )
    In 91 I did a solo circumnavigation using the southern route, before and after I bumped around the Azores and the West coast of Africa. Then later the coast of most of South America then the Bahamas, Leewards and windwards.
    I have 5 more years ( or a year and a half if he just enlists ) until my son will be out of college, when I divorced a few years ago I bought another sailboat to do it again when the son is done with education.
    I still talk , email a handful of friends that I met along the way.
    Blue water sailing, within a few weeks, you find out what you are truly made of.
    I highly recommend it.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    https://youtu.be/2Z3qk4Crxgw

Not sure if the link will work or not but that is the trailer for a documentary people are making about Alex Rust. A friend of mine shared a house with them at Purdue for a few years, craziest guy I've ever met. Circumnavigated the globe on a sailboat, got a lot of good footage. Felt compelled to go back to one of the third world countries he had visited and ended up getting a disease (typhoid or malaria, can't remember right now) and didn't make it. Some of his closer friends have started a Kickstarter campaign to fund the full documentary. Its definitely worth a watch.

P.S thread hijack!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I know most of Alex's story, its been on the blogs. He got typhoid twice in India.
    .he did about a 3 year bump around adding and subtracting crew as they left and he met new friends. I believe he was under thirty when he died.
    Hopefully it will be a good movie when its done..

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just a question but are Pizza rolls just miniature Hot Pockets?

Yes. but unless you are a moron and transfer them from the printed bag to a ziplock, you dont have the mystery.

No. Pizza rolls are delicious.

Especially the limited edition spicy taco ones. Alas, they no longer make them. I has a sad.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Friends don't let friends 'Hot Pocket.'

I'm not the most health conscience eater but even I don't eat hot pockets. WTH is wrong with you?

its part of my long term plan. Enough hot pockets and twinkies and i'll be so pumped full of preservatives the wife can save a bundle on embalming when I die.

Top Bottom