• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Now that spring is here and the rain is finally starting to let up, I was finally able to get my r/c trucks out. It is something I used to do as a kid, and got back into it about 5 years ago.
    Here is some pics of a couple of my favorites that I have.
    rc3.jpg

rc2.jpg

rc1.jpg

The big one is a Monster GT, powered by a .21ci nitro powered engine. It has a 2 speed tranny, and is full time 4wd. It is a blast to just tear stuff up with it. It is quick and has a ton of power.

The little one is a RC18t2. I built that one from a kit and powered it with a rage 8100kvh brushless motor and lipo batteries. It is also a belt driven 4wd and is unbelievably fast. When I use a 3 cell lipo, I can get close to 60mph out of it. Not bad for something that is 8 inches long and weighs about a pound and a half. I could use a bigger battery and get more speed out of it but the problem is you cant keep them on the ground.

My next build will be an axial ax10 rock crawler. They are awsome. I have seen videos where they climb up a tree about 10 feet before they finally fall. It will take me a while to build that one because i will have to buy the parts slowly (because of cost).

All in all I just have a lot of fun doing it.

Nuke-in-Indy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Avon
    My son and I each have Ofna lx1's and I just bought the RC8. I used to be active in all of the R/C vehicles, but when the kids came along I opted out. Now that my son is old enough, we are starting to test the waters.

I can't believe how much the xmitter technology has changed in the past 10 years.

BTW those are nice looking trucks that you have there.:rockwoot:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I got interested in RC crawlers back in 2009 and quickly became obsessed. I put a couple of them together, the last one has way too much money in it and hasn't seen rocks unfortunately. About as quickly as I got into it I ran out of time to play and they've been sitting idle for a year.

My Axial:
    IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atHRYdxkz8[/ame]

My MOA (motor on axle):
    IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I said I was going to build an ax10, but that was the wrong model it is the xr10 that I want to build. Which is a dual motor moa. I might go pick up the kit tomarrow and start the build. And those are some nice crawlers you got there.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I've got 2 trucks and 1 lipo street car. All of them have issues and I feel like I need an RC mechanic :):

Can anyone help me on the North side of Indy?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Fenway,

What sort of problems are you having? I might be able to talk you through them real quick, RC's aren't exactly all that difficult to diagnose & fix.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I've actually been thinking about selling all of my 1/10th & 1/8th scale off & getting into smaller scale RC's, mostly because I don't have room (or time) for a big track anymore.

I could probably squeeze in a decent 1/16th, 1/18th or a 1/24th scale track & I know I could build a really wicked 1/36th scale track, the problem is that A.) I love NITROMETHANE! & B.) I'd take a serious beating on the resell value of my 1/10th & 1/8th scale cars & trucks.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I've actually been thinking about selling all of my 1/10th & 1/8th scale off & getting into smaller scale RC's, mostly because I don't have room (or time) for a big track anymore.

I could probably squeeze in a decent 1/16th, 1/18th or a 1/24th scale track & I know I could build a really wicked 1/36th scale track, the problem is that A.) I love NITROMETHANE! & B.) I'd take a serious beating on the resell value of my 1/10th & 1/8th scale cars & trucks.

I know I am going to take a beating on the resale value of all my stuff. I have spent well over 6k on all the R/C stuff I have bought over the years. I havn't raced any of my cars in 5 yrs so time for them to go even if they will only sell for about 20% of their value.

I have 3 18th scale cars I am keeping for me and my boys, gonna build a track in the yard for them.

Top Bottom