• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    diane rehm has a womanm on who wrote a book about the American gun industry...kinda interesting...thoughts???

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I like listening to NPR, but I can not stand to hear Diane Rehm' voice. Her voice is to shaky and sounds like she is on deaths door step. It would be interesting to hear about the book and her putting her liberal thoughts out there.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dangerous to leave on for you pets.....
    [video=youtube;kQSO0RbmHBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQSO0RbmHBI[/video]

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I like listening to NPR, but I can not stand to hear Diane Rehm' voice. Her voice is to shaky and sounds like she is on deaths door step. It would be interesting to hear about the book and her putting her liberal thoughts out there.

I'm an avid NPR listener. I agree that her voice is grating. However, I think she can ask very insightful, probing questions that dig deeper into the subject. She's frequently substituted for and her retirement is due very soon. I hope her replacement is equally aggressive with their follow up questions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Diane Rehm suffers from a neurological issue with her voice box - that's why she sounds that way. To her credit, she does not let that interfere with asking insightful questions.

Granted, she is fairly transparent in her personal beliefs, but I prefer that to an interviewer that masks them poorly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Listening to it now. Absolute utter nonsense.

Apparently she has never heard of Eli Whitney.

Unbelievable, more rubbish with the wills. Maybe she'll talk about probate records from San Fransisco pre-1906.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Listening to it now. Absolute utter nonsense.

Apparently she has never heard of Eli Whitney.

Unbelievable, more rubbish with the wills. Maybe she'll talk about probate records from San Fransisco pre-1906.

Eli Whitney? Didn't he do an album with Rhianna and Kanye? Yeah, I think I saw him play down at the Vogue.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    She just said, "the United States had the first gun industry." Did she even Google European gun makers? Does she know how old they are?

This woman is the most ignorant person to write on guns since Belly-liar.

I don't think this woman could pass a 10 question quiz on guns written by INGO. Research by Google. Clayton Cramer will tear her into pieces.

Last edited:

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Npr is not exactly a great station. It's OK for background noise, but some of the shows are a little too artistic for my taste.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    She just said, "the United States had the first gun industry." Did she even Google European gun makers? Does she know how old they are?

LOL.....

Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta [ˈfabbrika ˈdarmi ˈpjɛtro beˈretta] (literally, "Pietro Beretta Arms Factory") is a privately held Italian firearms manufacturing company operating in several countries. Its firearms are used worldwide for a variety of civilian, law enforcement, and military purposes. Sporting arms account for three-quarters of sales; Beretta is also known for marketing shooting clothes and accessories. Founded in the 16th century, Beretta is the oldest active manufacturer of firearm components in the world.[SUP][1][/SUP] In 1526 its inaugural product was arquebus barrels; by all accounts Beretta-made barrels equipped the Venetian fleet at the Battle of Lepanto in 1571.[SUP][2][/SUP] In 1650 the company invented the breech-loading cannon, and Beretta has supplied weapons for every major European war since.[SUP][3][/SUP]

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Diane Rehm suffers from a neurological issue with her voice box - that's why she sounds that way. To her credit, she does not let that interfere with asking insightful questions.

Granted, she is fairly transparent in her personal beliefs, but I prefer that to an interviewer that masks them poorly.

I had never heard that about her, then again I never went in search of it either. She doesn't hide her political persuasion and it's nice. It cracks me up listening to the others trying to hide their beliefs but it always comes out.

Top Bottom