anyone else part take in 2 wheeled shenanegans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep. Take a look here, Nice bike btw.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Yep. Take a look here, Nice bike btw.

thank you thank you, ill go through all those pages XD im in fort wayne and theres only straight roads here so im dying to find some twisties

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    thank you thank you, ill go through all those pages XD im in fort wayne and theres only straight roads here so im dying to find some twisties
    A bit far from Ft Wanye, but here is the "Indiana Nürburgring" that runs through some of IN's best winding roads and scenery.

Deep in Germany, there is a race track through the hills called the Nürburgring. You may

have heard of it. Or, you may live deep in a cave. Either way, we’re pretty sure you don’t know we have our own ‘ring in Indiana. And, since it’s Indiana, it’s also larger than life – dwarfing the Nürburgring by 10 times. So large, in fact, that it has its own name: The Schweinefiletring™ (translation: Pork Tenderloin Ring)!
    1689360814629.png

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    4804497f-a465-490d-9452-d2f7af339b99_text.gif

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    honestly the magna, bet that thing is comfier than a lazyboy when you take your boots off after a 12hr day
    It’s actually my favorite. Few people know what it is, just a black “650” Honda…..40 years old this year, had it on a Dino a few years back, 93 hp.

Of these three, the Raider is by far the most comfortable. But it’s my wife’s. She says it’s getting too heavy for her and wants a trike. Knee and shoulder replacement. They do make a trike kit for it but it’s so fun to ride I don’t think I can do that. It handles surprisingly well, I’ve got a 230 (300 was a brain fart) rear tire on it. Not showing pictures tho!

In the ZRX world it’s hooligan, tho my hooligan days are over. 45 minutes and my knees and hips are toast. But, it’s a fun 45.

Last edited:

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    It’s actually my favorite. Few people know what it is, just a black “650” Honda…..40 years old this year, had it on a Dino a few years back, 93 hp.

Actually, the Raider is by far the most comfortable of these. But it’s my wife’s. She says it’s getting too heavy for her and wants a trike. Knee and shoulder replacement. They do make a trike kit for it but it’s so fun to ride I don’t think I can do that. It handles surprisingly well, I’ve got a 300 rear tire on it. Not showing pictures tho!

In the ZRX world it’s hooligan, tho my hooligan days are over.
    absolutely nothing wrong with quality of life, im still riding it like i stole it but ill have my last rip too

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Of these three, the Raider is by far the most comfortable. But it’s my wife’s. She says it’s getting too heavy for her and wants a trike. Knee and shoulder replacement. They do make a trike kit for it but it’s so fun to ride I don’t think I can do that. It handles surprisingly well, I’ve got a 230 (300 was a brain fart) rear tire on it. Not showing pictures tho!

In the ZRX world it’s hooligan, tho my hooligan days are over. 45 minutes and my knees and hips are toast. But, it’s a fun 45.
    I had an ‘82 V45 Sabre for several years, similar to the magna. Shaft drive in turns took getting used to vs chain drive.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I’ve got 6 motorcycles in different states sitting around my place from the last 55 years of riding but none of them are of the go fast variety. You need to get away from the need for speed. My dad and all my brothers, son in law and 1 daughter ride/rode. The only one that never crashed has been my daughter and they weren’t into speed either. So adding it up that’s 1 in 9 or a 11% that you ARN’T going to be in an accident of some sort somewhere along the line from my experience. The accidents ranged from plowing through a flock of turkey at 60mph with 3 smashing me to hitting dogs, coons and a deer at 65 not to mention the trucker that layered a nice covering of # 57’s on a 60* curve and of course the ass wipe driver that ran the stop light at 24&13 that T-boned the old man they figured he was going around 60 when he hit him. Just antidotal conversation but the truth none the less. Forget the speed and hunt for curves.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Smooth curvy roads are hard to find but now and then you'll find one and it'll put a smile on your face as soon as you see it.

The purple one is my little crotch rocket, I've had this one for 7 years and even though she is on the large side she will fly and will handle the curves well. It surprises many that Goldwings at how well the big bikes will handle in curves.

The 2 tone Goldwing was my 85 LTD. Hated getting rid of that one for sentimental reasons (late wife bought it for me) but parts were getting hard to find and could be very expensive. I had that one for 9 years.

I've had a total of 4 Goldwings, a 750 Virago and a 920 Virago. I've had about a dozen bikes in my 55+ years of riding motorcycles and love the Goldwings the most.

The only accident I've had on 2 wheels was back in '91 when an old man pulled out in front of me on the west side of Tampa. I was on Hillsborough Ave running about 50mph and he crossed 4 lanes like it was nothing. I dont remember anything about the accident. Should never have lived through that but the good Lord had other plans.

ea8d3def8a5f1a9637d47a92c952c173.jpg
    0cb896e98cd20c6dbb92da144a82ba44.jpg

Top Bottom