Anyone else running the Indy Mini tomorrow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Well, I'm back in my hotel room. I had a nice run. Not a PR, but I didn't train well this year due to other time commitments. So I am pleased. When I crossed over the bricks on the speedway, I looked to my left and Mario Andretti was on the other side of the barricades, cheering us on. I thought that was pretty cool. Now to shower and sleep until my stomach wakes me up and tells me it's time to eat everything in Indy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, I'm back in my hotel room. I had a nice run. Not a PR, but I didn't train well this year due to other time commitments. So I am pleased. When I crossed over the bricks on the speedway, I looked to my left and Mario Andretti was on the other side of the barricades, cheering us on. I thought that was pretty cool. Now to shower and sleep until my stomach wakes me up and tells me it's time to eat everything in Indy.

No PR here either, but, it was still a good day to be out. According to my watch, I suck, but, I burned 1,967 calories before Noon in the process. So, to paraphrase Youtube maven RoadKingGirl, "this day was supposed to end with a blaze of redneck glory...instead, it's going to end with a Pizza."

So, the big question...you signed up for next year yet?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I didn't run it but was there keeping dumb***** from running you guys over one guy tried to get around a barricade and cross the street during the biggest wave.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    At one time in my life, I had a goal of runnining the mini. In those days, my normal routine was 10 miles every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It took me about a year and a half, but I got my 10 mile time down to 90 minutes. Not record breaking by any stretch but not bad for a 200 pound guy. I'll never forget how great it felt to have what seemed like the endurance of a locomotive. That was almost 20 years ago. I had some medical issues that stopped me from running for a while and I never got back into it. These days, my back and other issues wouldn't let me do it again no matter how much I wanted to.

I missed my chance. It's great to see others accomplish what I couldn't though!

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I didn't run it but was there keeping dumb***** from running you guys over one guy tried to get around a barricade and cross the street during the biggest wave.
    Thank you! It is comforting to see all the men and women in uniform all along the route. I am always impressed by how smoothly the day goes with that many participants and and spectators.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wait! The race was this weekend?

Aw, shucks. All that training and my new spandex unitard and matching sneakers have gone to waste!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well thank you for the kind words. The guys in the blue were challeNGe academy cadets and they were amazing. This was my first mini and i really enjoyed working it. I believe its the 4th largest foot race in the world and some how the residents of indy know nothing about itand get mad when i tell them they cant cross the street. One guy ran over the barricade.

I was dirrectly across fromthe house with "love" painted on it for those paying attention

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    At one time in my life, I had a goal of runnining the mini. In those days, my normal routine was 10 miles every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It took me about a year and a half, but I got my 10 mile time down to 90 minutes. Not record breaking by any stretch but not bad for a 200 pound guy. I'll never forget how great it felt to have what seemed like the endurance of a locomotive. That was almost 20 years ago. I had some medical issues that stopped me from running for a while and I never got back into it. These days, my back and other issues wouldn't let me do it again no matter how much I wanted to.

I missed my chance. It's great to see others accomplish what I couldn't though!

If you were running 30 miles a week and averaging 9 minute miles, not only could you have done it with no problem, you could have slowed down a bit those last few miles and still be on track to finish under two (I think the average time is something like 2:29 now, with all the walkers). I have never run more than 10-11 miles in a training run for these things. Heck, 35-40 miles a week puts you into novice full-Marathon peak training volume. I think you're justified in considering yourself an honorary INGO finisher :rockwoot:.

Top Bottom