Anyone else score a launch day iPhone X?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'm curious about your complaints with apple customer service. I'm a long time apple hater, but my kids have apple products and i've had a better than average time with apple customer service.

My beef with them was the last time I bought an Apple phone for my daughter I paid $600 and less than 2 weeks later it stopped working. I returned to ATT and told them what was happening and they informed me I had to either send it in or take to Apple store. So seeing as I needed the phone I proceeded to drive over an hour one way to the only Apple store in the state at the time, on North East side...stood in the line for 30-45 minutes to have them tell me 30 minutes later the phone needs replaced. So they went back and got a phone to replace it with and it was a refurbished phone. I told them I bought a new one and expected a new one.....they told me it wasn't new after the first time I used it. I took the refurbished phone and have not and will not buy another Apple product. They don't do anything other brands won't do......at least for me that's the case.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My beef with them was the last time I bought an Apple phone for my daughter I paid $600 and less than 2 weeks later it stopped working. I returned to ATT and told them what was happening and they informed me I had to either send it in or take to Apple store. So seeing as I needed the phone I proceeded to drive over an hour one way to the only Apple store in the state at the time, on North East side...stood in the line for 30-45 minutes to have them tell me 30 minutes later the phone needs replaced. So they went back and got a phone to replace it with and it was a refurbished phone. I told them I bought a new one and expected a new one.....they told me it wasn't new after the first time I used it. I took the refurbished phone and have not and will not buy another Apple product. They don't do anything other brands won't do......at least for me that's the case.
    The new one doesn't do much more than it's competitors did a couple years ago!

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    My 5s has issues (like shutting off all the time on it's own, sometimes just going to a black screen for the random hour or two, and short battery life), but I'm not planning on getting a new phone until it dies completely.

That is quite funny because mine does the same thing. I haven't had mine in an otter box case since back in April, just hoping something would happen to it. So far so good besides the absolutely awful battery life :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That is quite funny because mine does the same thing. I haven't had mine in an otter box case since back in April, just hoping something would happen to it. So far so good besides the absolutely awful battery life :dunno:

Not sure on the 5's, but I inquired recently about a battery replacement at the Apple store for my son's 6s (as an option for when he is home for college at Christmas) and Apple indicated they can replace it in store (best to make an appointment) for $79 https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

I even went into the store to ask them directly as the person I got on the phone when I called was clueless if they could actually do it in the local store or if it would have to be shipped in and shipped back, etc.
    Local store said no issue, just best to call their customer service first, and they may have you run through a few tests but then make an appointment to replace in store. Said it should take a couple of hours or so with the phone in store.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If the phone isn’t out of warranty there are reputable repair shops that will do it quicker and cheaper than the Apple store.

There are a few bad apples in the repair business also. Check reviews

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If the phone isn’t out of warranty there are reputable repair shops that will do it quicker and cheaper than the Apple store.

There are a few bad apples in the repair business also. Check reviews

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    w00t!

I usually suck at stuff like this, but I used the My Verizon app on both my iPhone and iPad and scored a Space Gray 256 GB iPhone X for "delivery by Nov. 3rd". The button to "Select" the phone didn't go live until about 3:10 ET, and I completed my order around 3:12 to 3:13. Hope y'all had good luck--I figured this was going to be next to impossible.

Edit: Cary scored the same color/capacity through AT&T's mobile app, too. Glad they did this at 3 AM local time--I think that helps us here in the East who keep vampires' hours.

You or Cary get a shipping confirmation yet? Ordered from AT&T, and as of 10:15pm Wednesday still show “preparing to ship”.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Or communist cars.....seriously though, I hate Apple products and customer service. I will never own another Apple product.

My GF always had good experiences with their customer service. She had a 5s where the camera would fail every 6 month. They would replace it with a new phone every time with no runaround and barely any questions asked. It was always worth the drive and the 30-45 minute wait at the apple store.

Top Bottom