• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just wonder, because I remember how fast they did that rebuild downtown some years back when they worked around the clock, and now claiming this will take a year and a half or more.
    And as important as this route is to traffic flow and productivity, it makes no sense to drag it out.
    Yep, I remember. And there were incentives to get it done early and penalties if they were late.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    For you folks living/working in Valpo. Get ready for this mess. They were waiting for Popcorn fest to be done with this past weekend before starting.

VALPARAISO — The city announced that after this weekend's Popcorn Fest, it will kick off an improvement project on 4 miles of its most heavily traveled roadways.
    The project will target Calumet Avenue from Morgan Boulevard to Bullseye Lake Road; Roosevelt Road from LaPorte Avenue to Calumet Avenue; and Morgan Boulevard from Lincolnway to Calumet Avenue, the city said.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep, I remember. And there were incentives to get it done early and penalties if they were late.
    There should be penalties for not having it done as fast as possible.
    I remember back during the Reagan Administration they did a study of how much productivity and commerce is reduced due to restricted traffic flow from road construction.
    It was a HUGE amount of money.
    That's why at least on major routes, they should be repaired as fast as humanly possible

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There should be penalties for not having it done as fast as possible.
    I remember back during the Reagan Administration they did a study of how much productivity and commerce is reduced due to restricted traffic flow from road construction.
    It was a HUGE amount of money.
    That's why at least on major routes, they should be repaired as fast as humanly possible
    You have to be careful that it gets done well too. Otherwise they are back at it in short order to fix the first screwup

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This i
    I just wonder, because I remember how fast they did that rebuild downtown some years back when they worked around the clock, and now claiming this will take a year and a half or more.
    And as important as this route is to traffic flow and productivity, it makes no sense to drag it out.
    s actually a total makeover moving ramps etc. that section of road is a total nightmare at morning rush southbound.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The split construction freakin' suuuucks for me. I live right off 65 but can't use it to actually bypass surface streets and get anywhere quickly. And, of course, it doubles up with that disaster zone on Delaware. What genius decided to offload 65 traffic right into another major surface street closure?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In response to the OP, I feel your pain! :facepalm:
    I stopped trying to go to the MCFG range on the West side, since I have to take 465 headed West from 74 on the East side near Wanamaker
    &
    I must drive past the 65/465 intersection, which can be nightmarish. :wallbash:
    It would be backed up anywhere around 4pm-7pm last summer with just normal traffic.

This summer, I only go to the West side on weekends, & usually just on Sundays since it's fine.
    The East side is affected going North or South as the 70W people are clogging things up. :dunno:

I signed up at an FOP outdoor range in Shelbyville & everyday spend time riding out in the country on the MC anywhere East, even past Route 9. :rockwoot:
    No joy riding on the West side. :nono:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    And too many people still trying to drive 90 in heavy traffic. At least once a day I see some a-hole weaving in and out of traffic like he's in a race. And on a rare occasion, passing on the shoulder.
    Not a rare occasion to see someone passing on the shoulder or the ramp. Fortunately my morning commute is early enough the traffic is not too bad but have been passed on my right on the ramps many times while driving south on Keystone to 465. Going home (westbound) the worst place is by Castleton, the weaving in and out, passing on the ramp between 69 & Allisonville Rd. And people dong 50 mph getting on 465 at Allisonville and immediately crossing into the left lanes before matching speed. If you try to go slower than 65 mph in 465 god save your soul.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Seems like they started road construction in the 80’s when they hosted those game, forget the name, like a mini pre olympics, and haven’t stopped since. Love when they have construction toward the end of May when the city is deserted!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    And too many people still trying to drive 90 in heavy traffic. At least once a day I see some a-hole weaving in and out of traffic like he's in a race. And on a rare occasion, passing on the shoulder.

If its a black Ford Excursion. . . its me. :wavey:

Actually no. I am not down there like I used to be, maybe half. I used to attend the car auctions weekly, now I do everything online. I do miss my White Castle Chicken sliders though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It'd be nicer if the semis remembered they weren't allowed in the left lane, but I've started listening to Spanish radio stations to work on my language skills so time in traffic isn't wasted.

Did you guys know there are places hiring landscapers for up to $25/hr?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'll claim noobie status as we've only been here on the corn tundra this time for a little over half a decade. Previous time living here I never went to Indianapolis. 465 isn't the only "loop" in the country that's just not right.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Eastside 465 will get its payback when I-69 is finished and ties into 465. Permanent cluster ....
    I'm sure one of the 36 studies INDOT has done on I-69 has found the increased traffic impact to be acceptable.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Eastside 465 will get its payback when I-69 is finished and ties into 465. Permanent cluster ....
    I'm sure one of the 36 studies INDOT has done on I-69 has found the increased traffic impact to be acceptable.
    Im not sure that will be that impactful. Do they expect that much more traffic than is currently on 37? I didnt think so. I thought it just made the current traffic flow more efficiently and they didnt expect that much more traffic than is already on the route.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The problem isn't the interstate construction, it's the interstate construction and the local construction downtown Indy are happening at the same time, specially Delaware street, Market street pavings and Banker's Life Field House remodeling are all plugging up the detour for I-70 shutdown.

Top Bottom