• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Did you see them throw it out the window as you followed them with your lights on? ;-)

That's kind of close to what we think happened. After a did a lot of walking back and forth between where the two guns were found looking for brass or a dead body, I went back and searched the call log for any shots fired calls in the are overnight. there weren't any, but there was a traffic stop. I talked to the officer that made the stop and he said that he was trying to catch up to a car he wanted to stop (without lights on), but the driver was trying to lose him. The path the vehicle took before the officer initiated a traffic stop went by both spots. We assumed they tossed the guns because they knew they were about to be stopped.

JoshuaJ001

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2024
    Crown Point
    So I was reading some INGO posts a moment ago, and saw one about pocket knives. I thought I’ve got one of those. So I went looking for the belt it’s on. Lo and behold I found a gun I haven’t seen in about …. well I don’t know when, I’d forgotten all about it. I think I got it out last summer to do some plinking it’s clean so I must have set it aside after cleaning it and never put it back in the hidey spot. Yay for me, I’ve got a new gun.
    You can hide stuff at my house anytime!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Crime is low where I live. It's the stakes not the odds.
    Ditto...we moved out into the county 3 years ago, right across the river from my dad's farm.
    Our new neighborhood is so much different, atmospherically as well as people's demeanor, as compared to our old neighborhood.
    Here, the people are polite, respectful, friendly, smiling and waving at neighbors while walking around even stopping to talk with others who're outside, no loud Harley's at 2:00am, no drugs being dealt within the neighborhood, etc.
    I still keep a pistol on the nightstand and a rifle mounted in the closet, but sleep minus the fear / expectation that something might happen that would a) wake us up or b) create a situation that might require a 9-1-1 call.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I was reading some INGO posts a moment ago, and saw one about pocket knives. I thought I’ve got one of those. So I went looking for the belt it’s on. Lo and behold I found a gun I haven’t seen in about …. well I don’t know when, I’d forgotten all about it. I think I got it out last summer to do some plinking it’s clean so I must have set it aside after cleaning it and never put it back in the hidey spot. Yay for me, I’ve got a new gun.
    How about the guns you can’t find?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I went to my parents house a while back and went into my childhood closet to grab a gun I left there and found my cobray dd. Completely forgot that thing even existed.

As for finding someone else's gun I still go to jonesboro river rally with the hopes of finding one of the annual portajohn glocks.

Found a couple guns that guys didn't know they had because it wasnt their pants and wasn't their bag and wasn't their car and so on. Think I might start wearing other people's pants maybe I'll find some guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Many years ago, mushroom hunting, I found a revolver near a stream on our family’s property. I was knowledgeable to guns, this one was in BAD shape. Rusty. No wood left on it. Saw it was unloaded and stuck it in my pocket and finished my mushroom hunt. When I got home I showed it to dad. He. Was. PISSED. Not at me, but because it was HIS gun he had lost back there before I was born. Apparently he had slipped it in his pocket with ammo in the other pocket with the plan that if he saw a snake he would load it up and take it out. When he got home the gun was gone and he had spent the following weekend looking for his pistol.

The gun was a total loss, and since his passing, im not sure where it is. Regardless, a fun memory.

nagantoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Newburgh
    Finding guns isn't that uncommon, especially if you travel frequently. I once found a handgun in a rental car glove compartment (mind you, that wasn't even the strangest thing I've found in a rental car - that prize goes to a car I rented in NV, which had a pack of "day of the week" panties in the glove compartment, missing Wednesday). I've found a gun in a hotel room drawer in FL, neatly placed next to the Bible. And once I went into a stall in a men's room right after another gentleman had left, and I saw his carry piece on top of the toilet roll dispenser. "Oh sir, I believe you've forgotten something".
    Now, if we're talking "found it at home, forgot I owned it" - never happened to me with guns, but happens to me all the time with my other expensive hobby, which is vintage computers. I have boxes and boxes I haven't sorted or opened since nearly 20 years ago, and almost every one I open is a surprise "Oooooo, I own one of those? No WOW I OWN TWO OF THOSE?" :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yes, I just found this today, in my OLD house! View attachment 343407
    I have no clue where it came from.
    I'm sure I didn't buy it.
    I know i didn’t fill out a 4473.
    There was no paperwork with it.
    I wonder if it's a plant... :tinfoil:
    First the AR, now another carbine... 20240330_131020.jpg
    I just found this at my NEW place.
    I think someone's up to something.
    Wondering if I could get a visit from the AFT branch at Hasbro :runaway:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    In the parking lot of a hunting area of state owned game preserve. Cased and not loaded 12 ga Winchester SG, took to check in office. DNR guys put it behind the counter.

Next morning, was deer hunting, and asked the DNR guy if someone claimed it!
    Yes, about 10 minutes after I turned it in, guy came in breathless and said it fell off his tailgate as he drove away. So, he got it back after IDing the model and S/N.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    I work for Marion County superior court. The amount of times the juveniles have just found handguns is unreal. Or "I bought it from a guy for $200." I sure was jealous of all those "finds".

I've never found one myself. I know where all the ones in my house are. Locked away because I have 4 kids.

Top Bottom