• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wish I found one.
    But I did lost one ... its a ... a gun.Im not sure about the model, the maker or the caliber.It could be a rifle, a pistol or a revolver.I never know the difference.
    Im not much into guns to know the details.I just know that its my gun so if you ever find one its probably mine.
    Oh I lost it somewhere, I forget the name of the actual place so it could be anywhere in the world.
    So if you find a gun somewhere I will be happy to have it back.
    Thanks. :D

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    A friend of mine has some property that he uses for hunting and cutting firewood but there are no houses around. We were there on our quads one day and came upon a pretty nice 870 with a red dot scope leaning up against a tree. It had rained the day before and it didn't appear to have been wet. We are guessing that somebody was poaching dear and heard us coming and left so quick they forgot there gun. My buddy still has it.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I found a taurus 38 special under the seat of a old pickup truck I bought for the motor. I took it to a police dispatcher and she ran the numbers and checked it out for me. 2 weeks later she came by my house and said here is your gun. It is clean and we cant tie it back to anything. I was kinda shocked I got it back but I was happy that is passed and there was no problems.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is very strange that this was posted today because I am remodeling my kitchen and just found a New York Arms 12 gauge side by side in my wall. The buttstock is broken but it is otherwise in good condition. It was loaded with some old paper shotshells and the chambers were the only area that had any rust.

018-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    i found an M1 carbine in my grandparents closet a few years ago... well, what i thought to be an M1 carbine. apparently they used to make bb guns that looked almost identical.

buzz. kill.

I have one of those!!! It was 'my baby" as a kid, and I used it so much that now, when you cock the spring (by pushing in/pulling out the barrel) if you pull it out quickly, it will fire without the trigger being pulled.. (THAT'S wear!)... who says you cant "BUMPFIRE" a BB gun.. haha :ar15:

Still have it,... although I did take a drill to the barrel exit so its diameter is closer to a 30-06 rather than a BB Gun. Hey, at 12 years old, I thought it was cool...

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Several years ago I was taking a break at a pretty busy gas station while I was on a MC ride. I was sittin' on a stack of that pre-packaged firewood they sell smokin' a cig and drinkin' a redbull.
    Van pulled in, with a big fat tub of lard driving and before they got stopped he was already screaming at his kids about how "everybody gets 1 regular coke" no candy blah blah blah...Of COURSE this lard a-- was open carrying...Anyway, I enjoy my smoke and 'bull , old tubby comes out, somehow forgets how to open a Winstar's door, drops his mega coke, bends over, dumps his 92F, lets go a string of cuss words at everybody but himself, waddles back into the speedway and re-cokes.
    I DID find it humorous his kids were laughing at him(after he went back inside) "How come HE gets another coke?"...anyway, I fetch the 92 from behind the ford's front tire - old fatty comes out and makes some smarta-- remark to ME! I said buddy, I got nuthin' to say, sorry you're havin' a bad day...he growled some crap at me and drove off...so did I...what kinda DA carries WWB FMJ in his carry piece?
    Still got it, no wait, that's one I lost fishing.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    My brother's friend, a plumber near Baltimore, found a small antique hangun under the floor boards in a house he was remodeling. House previous owned by the Booth family. (Yes, that Booth family). Gun was in pretty bad shape but with a little imagination ...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    anyway, I fetch the 92 from behind the ford's front tire - old fatty comes out and makes some smarta-- remark to ME! I said buddy, I got nuthin' to say, sorry you're havin' a bad day...he growled some crap at me and drove off...so did I...what kinda DA carries WWB FMJ in his carry piece?
    Still got it, no wait, that's one I lost fishing.
    So you actually took his gun?

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Found an old .22 revolver in a Katrina damaged house in Gulfport, MS. The group I was with was fixing up a few houses down there for spring break. It was left behind, so it was in rough shape. The owner of the house was an elderly woman, probably kept it for SD, and forgot about it during the evacuation.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    i found an M1 carbine in my grandparents closet a few years ago... well, what i thought to be an M1 carbine. apparently they used to make bb guns that looked almost identical.

buzz. kill.

If they still have that, you might want to see if you can get your hands on it and see if it's an older model. Some of them are old Crossman BB guns that are rather rare now. The magazines are especially rare and are bringing a decent price on eBay. Just a thought.

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    grenade launcher ??????

I may know of a guy who found a gun in chicago in an alley. He could have found a duffel bag and thrown it in his truck with out completely checking what was in it first. It's possible that he was young and dumb and when he got home and said dad look what I found in the city, his father freaked out and yelled thats a #*#%^&%$# m79 round put it down now!! And it's also possible that within the bag was a mm1 with like 12 m79 rounds. And it's likely that after a couple phone calls, two unmarked cars with atf agents and a bomb sqaud truck could have showed up with a ton of questions, and huge attitudes. Like this kid would purposely bring home a grenade launcher. It's definetly something the kid and his dad will remember for years and can laugh about now! But it's definetly better that it got turned in and not found by some gangbanger thug.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    When we first moved out to our house out in southern Indiana, We were playing with a metal detector, And found this in a field.. As you can see, I did not feel the need to call the police on this one,

Do not see any markings, other then on the base of the handle, there is the number "3536".. I have done nothing to clean the gun, and rust flacks come off when you touch it.. and have given up ever firing this one,

Just a part of the story, You can see at least one of the Balls has been fired. and 3 of the exposed chambers show ball and assumed powder. I do no see any caps, But you can honestly only see 2 nipples, And one of the nipples holds the empty (shot) chamber. Also there is no barrel wedge.

The caliber of the gun is either 36 or 32 caliber.. Because of the rusting, it is hard to get an accurate measurement with out removing rust..

knsps.jpg

aokkrt.jpg

2q8sjgl.jpg

2njefrq.jpg

k0obw8.jpg

alnmvb.jpg

20rmgkm.jpg

You do realize that it's very possible the powder in that thing is still live. With black powder, it can be wet and will fire fine when dry -- in fact, it's more powerful afterward, being part of the manufacturing process. The rust will have sealed it from moisture, as well. I'd get it to an expert.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My brother found a very rusted revolver in my mother's back yard down on Georgia. It was found with a few old Mason jars and a big kettle so I was thinkin it might be an old Smith or Colt .38 or something. I gently picked away at the blob of rust for a couple of weeks and finally got enough off to find out it was a CAP GUN! I was sooooo disappointed. But it was kinda cool in a sense too.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Worked at a car dealership and found a pistol someone left in the glove box of one of our loaner cars. Just a good thing it was found before the car was loaned out to someone else. That could have ended in a bad way.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No not me, but.............knew a kid in Las Vegas that found a Ruger new model Blackhawk in .357 mag up on Mt. Charleston as he was hiking. Trigger guard damaged, rusted bad, no grip or springs, front sight of barrel twisted bad left. This kid, puts a spring from a BB gun in for the trigger, wraps duck tape along the handle for a grip, knocks out the rust but not the pitting with WD-40 and steel wool.

Now he shows me this at the range where he is firing winchester silver tips in it!!!

I told him to stop before it mis fired and or malfunctioned and somebody got hurt.

Talked him into taking it to the Las Vegas Metro station for a serial # check.

Nope not stolen, cops give kid gun back......................

fast forward months later, kid going into the Army, comes by to say good bye and hands me the revolver, here he says its all yours.

Well I sent it and a note down to Arizona to Ruger.

And now comes the "REST OF THE STORY".

This is in like 1984 and ruger, replaced the grip with the dammaged trigger guard, new springs throught, new grips, reblue (pitted and all) and a new 5 inch barrel. Box papers etc and the gun was returned for a $15 charge!!!

Gave it to my dad, who using reloads had a squib load malfunction this last November at deer camp, but I was watching and we got the stuck bullet out.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it!

Top Bottom