has anyone ever done this... would it hold up

might have something up my sleeve hmmm

-zack-

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    These grips scratch very easily... During WWII it was common to see M1911 grips made from damaged airplane canopies...

TSC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    INDY
    THE 'ASP' PISTOL (A HIGHLY MODIFIED S&W MOD39) HAS SUCH A GRIP. THEY WERE CUSTOM 'POURED' INTO HIS MOLDS TO MAKE THE REDUCED SIZE GRIPS. THERE IS A CLEAR AREA TO CHECK REMAINING SHOTS. THE REST OF THE GRIP WAS FROSTED. THEY HAVE HELD UP VERY WELL.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    plexiglass

Hi,
    I have seen several pistols with them on, several 1911's a luger, some radom's and several small pistol "trophies" like the walther pp and Mauser Hsc. all seemed to be from WW2 and some had pictures in under the grips. it seemed to be very popular for trophy guns, and would not be surprised if they were made by locals in Europe for sale to the GI's.
    Grips can be made of almost anything, so it can be done, like the avatar shows it can be done to look very nice as well!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    If you do decide to make some, make sure to use cell cast acrylic. Don't use extruded and DEFINITELY not Lexan. These will scratch much easier than a high quality (aka: domestic) cell cast.

You can usually buy scrap by the lb from plastic suppliers.

I would take them off during cleaning because I doubt acrylic will hold up well to the chemicals.

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    im not thinking of making them myself... cause i would make them out of wood. but i used to paintball a lot and a guy i know from some forums makes REALLY nice custom graphics grips for pb guns. they cost like $30 plus shipping but they are really nice.

this is one pair i have.
    100_5743.jpg

100_5744.jpg

long story short... i might be designing myself some INGO 1911 grips... and of course there could be a group buy.

-zack-

Top Bottom