• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone here ever sold a mobile home in Indiana?

I've acquired one from a relative and while it could probably use a couple of new sinks and/or toilets, it's in good condition. The title is clean and clear in my name now. Located in a nice park north of Indy with paved sidewalks, a really good sized yard, a rock solid mini barn and A+ management/ownership.

I've seen some of the MHVillage and EZ Homes places online and also have interest from park management, but I want to make sure I maximize $$$ when selling it.

Any input if you've been in this situation is much appreciated!

MODS: THIS POST IS NOT A SOLICITATION TO GET ANYONE TO BID/BUY, ONLY TO GET ADVICE ON THEIR SELLING EXPERIENCE. IF I DECIDE TO SELL IT I WOULD POST IN CLASSIFIEDS. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    When I worked at Bank 1 (yeah, that long ago) they wouldn't write a mortgage for mobile homes unless they were on actual foundations. I say this only to point out that it might be tough to sell for cash, assuming its value is significant. My cousin sold a very small mobile home several years back but the buyer kept it on the same lot in the same community.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I have one on a vacation lot. The price is set by the units around it. Go to the park-look for the for sale by owner signs and see what they are asking. Use that to gauge what to ask for yours. Put it on FB marketplace and see what happens. Just remember you are paying lot rent while you wait for it to sell. I doesn't take long to loose a few grand.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Check the park Rules - some have restrictions requiring Permits and even Who can List For Sale
    This was great advice. I checked in with management and they said I am free to sell to anyone, but since that person will become a resident of their community, they must pass a credit check (since they pay monthly lot rent) and a criminal background check. Maybe they issue handguns when moving in? :):

I'll keep this thread up to date for anyone who may be in a similar situation in the future.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Haven’t sold any Mobil’s, sold a few houses, but I can advise against becoming a landlord. Sell it for what ever you want, but don’t rent it. That’s a headache I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. YMMV. Best of luck.

Top Bottom