Anyone get a chance to try the Trijicon Ascent?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Price seems decent for the brand. I like that it has a pretty plane reticle. The Strike Eagle and a lot of others seem way to busy. Wondering how the eye box and eye relief are, but can't seem to find any reviews.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Price seems decent for the brand. I like that it has a pretty plane reticle. The Strike Eagle and a lot of others seem way to busy. Wondering how the eye box and eye relief are, but can't seem to find any reviews.

I cant attest to the "ascent". However, i do have the 1-8 accupoint and im very pleased with that. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I am unimpressed with mine. At 50 yards on a Springfield Saint AR pistol I could not get my windage zero set. It was either a half inch to the left or a half inch to the right. Elevation was dead on and the rounds would pretty much land on top of each other but one click would move it about an inch at 50 yards.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A weak point to those of us who prefer to buy on the secondary market and to those who might eventually sell their gear; Trijicon Warranty ONLY covers the original purchaser.

I might well have a Trijicon or two if it wasn't for this.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    A weak point to those of us who prefer to buy on the secondary market and to those who might eventually sell their gear; Trijicon Warranty ONLY covers the original purchaser.

That might be true, but that hasn't been my experience. I've killed a few of their products that I picked up second hand (including an ACOG), and they fixed it with no questions asked. Not saying you are wrong, I may have just gotten lucky.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake

My experience was entirely different. Dropped my accupoint and dented the objective housing. Called them, and told them I bought it used an didn’t have the warranty card. It was no issue, and the customer service rep explicitly told me it didn’t matter if I was the original purchaser. That was about a year ago.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It is great to hear about Trijicon doing warranty work on their products beyond their advertised warranty!

Still this is the warranty...

If a product has the Trijicon® logo on it, then it’s built to work flawlessly no matter what.

However, should you experience some issue, rest assured that Trijicon warrants all products manufactured by Trijicon to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product.

This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper, including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.

https://www.trijicon.com/support/wa...hat optical,date of original retail purchase.

:dunno:

I've got nothing against Trijicon. I'm sure they make products in line with their reputation. I'm just honestly recounting my personal opinion in reference to researching their product in advance of possible purchase.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom