• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Freaking horrible!!! over priced ammo, way over priced guns, although there were alot of really cool old guns, just prices were stupid high. I did get to meet Jim Supica, from "The Gun Gurus" $10 parking, $15 entry fee...... $25 to get a whole bunch of walking in......... $125 boxes of .22, 5
    $50 9mm.........F%$k you very much Joe Hiden......I did get a Dixie Gun Works catalog, so not a total waste....ok mostly a waste.....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have always wanted to go to Gun Day in Louisville. After that report, guess I will take that one off my list.

Glad I made a trip into Knob Creek 10 years ago. It was a hoot.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have always wanted to go to Gun Day in Louisville. After that report, guess I will take that one off my list.

Glad I made a trip into Knob Creek 10 years ago. It was a hoot.
    In the past it has been a great show, just with the scamdemic, everyone is gouging for ammo, gun prices are jacked up too. Best deal I saw was an older Taurus .22 with 6" bbl for $400, when they were well made....Remington 870's are now made of gold with platinum plating......

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    In the past it has been a great show, just with the scamdemic, everyone is gouging for ammo, gun prices are jacked up too. Best deal I saw was an older Taurus .22 with 6" bbl for $400, when they were well made....Remington 870's are now made of gold with platinum plating......
    Funny, I have two 870s that were made back in the mid-80's. I noticed that recently made 870's had a number of quality control issues. Then Big Green went belly up and the price of older 870's went crazy.

I grew up going to the Bill Goodman gunshows in the 70's-80's in Cincy and Dayton. Those were great shows back in the day.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Funny, I have two 870s that were made back in the mid-80's. I noticed that recently made 870's had a number of quality control issues. Then Big Green went belly up and the price of older 870's went crazy.

I grew up going to the Bill Goodman gunshows in the 70's-80's in Cincy and Dayton. Those were great shows back in the day.
    What quality control issues?

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What quality control issues?

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I went today and had a good time. Prices were high but that was to be expected. They were better than the prices when I went to the Marion county show last month. I saw 9MM and 5.56 for $.75 a round. It was $1 a round at the Marion county show.

Guns have been high at this show for awhile. I saw a nice Garand with a USMC hang tag but he wanted $1400. It still had the CMP service grade tag on it so he’s trying to double his money. I’d have done $1,000 on it for sure but I knew he wouldn’t come down that much.

I also saw a nice M91 Nagant from 1893 that I’d have loved to have but about choked when he told me he wanted $1700.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Its really a shame how these shows are now. I went to it a few years back and did well with some Finnish M28s I bought. Since prices on everything for the past year have been creeping up and then going crazy around election time, I knew there was no way I'd waste my time at this show. Parking, and entry fees so I could see a LOT of price gouging? No thank you! I only hope things will calm back down eventually but I don't see OBiden and his minions helping things

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Just the usual broad internet rantings from crotchety gun people. I've bought several newer Remingtons and Marlins and have been fine. If we were to believe everybody complaining on the internet we'd have no guns to buy. According to the internet Remington, Marlin, S&W, Kimber, Winchester, Mossberg, Colt, Glock, SPFD, CZ, HK all are going downhill. Just google (favorite gun company) quality control downhill and there's complaints about any gun company. There are a lot of complaints about Remington out there so hopefully they can refocus and refine the line with this reorganization. Like a lot of gun companies I think they tried to make too many models and variations and got away from their core line (like Sig and their rainbow and tread guns etc). I am looking forward to what Ruger does with Marlin (according to the internet Ruger is going downhill too though lol)

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Our local gunshop had seen issues with fit, function and finish on newer Remingtons. 870s that were rusty in the packaging. 700s with accuracy issues and bolts that would bind. R51 pistols that would not cycle an entire magazine of ammo, before locking up. It was evident that QC took a dive over the last 10 years.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Our local gunshop had seen issues with fit, function and finish on newer Remingtons. 870s that were rusty in the packaging. 700s with accuracy issues and bolts that would bind. R51 pistols that would not cycle an entire magazine of ammo, before locking up. It was evident that QC took a dive over the last 10 years.
    Rusty 870's were likely the Express models and that's been an issue since there were Express models, you can't have everything for 250.00 dollars, get an oily rag and wipe it off and continue on. How many 700's were sold that didn't have accuracy issues or binding bolts, probably a lot. When you make millions of guns i'm sure some are going to get by, same with cars and just about anything else. Part of the problem is consumer expectations, gun owners now tend to be cheap, everybody wants a Remington 700 at 1990 prices so something has to give and i'm sure Remington has let things go, hopefully they'll bring things back. I'll admit to being a little shocked myself when I see a standard 700 going for 8-900 dollars because when i sold them years ago they were 4-500 on average. Look at what a nice Trap 870 or 1187 was, almost a grand, at that price point people would just likely move up to a Beretta or Browning.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    $10 Parking does suck and $15 admission is strong but compared to the NG armory shows where you see the same old guns show after show this was a treat. 9mm $40 a box, 22 value paks as low as $75. I've had a table at NGD for 20 years and it is not as good as it used to be. Is it better than RK...damned right it is. I like Straightshooters but Seymour is basically same as New Albany, Madison, et al. My table neighbors were from N Carolina and they said ammo was cheaper at NGD than it was over there. I sold several older revolvers, bought a few accessories and had a great w-end.

Sunday was kind of strange, thought I was at the Pines. traffic accident knocked out a power pole and North wing was operating on emergency lighting, about 20% of usual light. Definitely seller's light. :D

Top Bottom