anyone going to crawfordsville this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Indeed! It was great to meet you this weekend, linuxguy, you did great!

Just started the official AAR here: Crawfordsville, IN JAN 26-27, 2013

...and another INGO exclusive peek at how rhino rolls at a WINTERSEED. :D

HOX5FJ7l.jpg

It was my pleasure to present his patch on Sunday. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I look like a chubby midget standing next to ATM. Wait, I am a chubby midget. Whew!

Thanks to everyone who was on the range over the weekend! I had a lot of fun, learned some things, got some good practice, met some cool new people, and re-met some people I knew from before. Overall it was an excellent weekend!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I look like a chubby midget standing next to ATM. Wait, I am a chubby midget. Whew!

Thanks to everyone who was on the range over the weekend! I had a lot of fun, learned some things, got some good practice, met some cool new people, and re-met some people I knew from before. Overall it was an excellent weekend!

Congrats on the patch Rhino! Welcome to the club! :)

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    Thanks, ATM! It was great to meet you, spitfire, JV, X-ray, HuntrDan, and the rest of the crew, too. Looking forward to my next Appleseed (and I'm earning a patch this time!)

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    you are on track to do so. my highest score first even was a 169, second event was 190, and finally topped off at a 215 and a 225 my third event. 3 shoots seems to be the average, but you seem to be knocking on the door already. hopefully you do it at a shoot i work, if not, i will be on the forum to congratulate you after the fact.

Huntrdan

Plinker
    May 15, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks linuxguy. Great meeting you too. Patience and practice will persevere. You are almost there. Besides you can't hear those dangerous old men stories too many times.

P.S. The bacon is worth it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks linuxguy. Great meeting you too. Patience and practice will persevere. You are almost there. Besides you can't hear those dangerous old men stories too many times.

Especially when two pieces "accidentally" stick together. At that point, there is no choice but to take both!

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    you are on track to do so. my highest score first even was a 169, second event was 190, and finally topped off at a 215 and a 225 my third event. 3 shoots seems to be the average, but you seem to be knocking on the door already. hopefully you do it at a shoot i work, if not, i will be on the forum to congratulate you after the fact.

Thanks, man! I really appreciate your rifle (and especially your ammo! That really cost you some money!). I need to look into options to get my front sight taken care of.

What types of .22 do you recommend? I didn't write them down, and there was so much info last weekend, I lost track of what you said.

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012

The bacon! Oh, that glorious bacon....mouth watering....I can't wait to taste the rifleman's bacon!

Musket

Plinker
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say I had a fun time at my first Appleseed. I met a lot of nice folks there and I'm looking forward to my next event, and hopefully earning a Rifleman. Hope to see you soon.

- Paul

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    Welcome to INGO! And we'll look forward to next time....maybe we'll both get our patch at the next event.

linuxguy

Plinker
    Sep 20, 2012
    Hey, Musket & linuxguy! It was a pleasure meeting you guys and sharing the line with you.

rhino, it was a pleasure shooting next to you, too! Maybe I picked up some rifleman points off of you through osmosis, hoping they show up during my next shoot.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Linuxguy, I personally have never had an issue with blazer or cci .22lr ammunition. It has functioned in every rifle I have put them in. Blazer is the cheaper of the two. I always bring 500-1000 rounds of one or the other to an event just in case someone has problems. Bigger events I have brought up to 3k just to be sure

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    rhino,

Glad to see you got to an Appleseed that had better weather than that February mini at Cloverdale .......... how many years ago?

You actually got to shoot ........ Congrats on that patch :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    rhino, it was a pleasure shooting next to you, too! Maybe I picked up some rifleman points off of you through osmosis, hoping they show up during my next shoot.

If that happened, then you'll have to wear shorts to make it work for you! No fair wearing them when it's warm, though! Hah!

rhino,

Glad to see you got to an Appleseed that had better weather than that February mini at Cloverdale .......... how many years ago?

You actually got to shoot ........ Congrats on that patch :rockwoot:

Thank you, sir! It was at least 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately my sister and twin nephews were not with me this time.

It's a lot more fun when you get to shoot and when you're not laying in ice water. Hahah!

Top Bottom