• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Question. I'm getting the campsite for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. We are doing the show on Friday and Saturday and leaving Sunday morning. Can I just buy the show tickets for Friday and Saturday or do I have to get them for Thursday, as well? We'll be rolling in there around 10pm local time.

You should be good with regard to not needing Thursday tickets as Camp Scholler is outside the gate. If you haven't already I would recommend looking here https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/eaa-camping-and-lodging/camp-scholler for more info regarding camping, think you can still register online for your dates and if not at least it has a contact number for up to date info. Been watching live feeds since Sunday of "Sloshkosh 2020" from the comfort of my EZ chair. You may want to also ask about your planned arrival time, never actually camped there myself (only visited for Chapter pancake breakfast) not sure they have 24/7 set-up.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    You should be good with regard to not needing Thursday tickets as Camp Scholler is outside the gate. If you haven't already I would recommend looking here https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/eaa-camping-and-lodging/camp-scholler for more info regarding camping, think you can still register online for your dates and if not at least it has a contact number for up to date info. Been watching live feeds since Sunday of "Sloshkosh 2020" from the comfort of my EZ chair. You may want to also ask about your planned arrival time, never actually camped there myself (only visited for Chapter pancake breakfast) not sure they have 24/7 set-up.

Thanks! I purchased our tickets and camping reservation today. They only allow for one arrival time, which is 10am, so I'm assuming that means we can arrive any time after 10am on Thursday?

The live streaming is awesome! I'm watching today's airshow right now!

[video=youtube_share;XocIOFnwn6U]https://youtu.be/XocIOFnwn6U[/video]

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Another question...My nephew is meeting us there with a motorhome. Will they allow us to park my Jeep in the campsite with the motorhome? I figure that's about the same deal as a trailer and tow vehicle, but I don't now how they see it.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Another question...My nephew is meeting us there with a motorhome. Will they allow us to park my Jeep in the campsite with the motorhome? I figure that's about the same deal as a trailer and tow vehicle, but I don't now how they see it.

• Individual basic campsites are not marked out but are to be sized to accommodate your camping unit and one transient vehicle with a 5’ perimeter. Camping units must be a minimum of 10’ apart. Any campsite deemed too excessive will be resized by EAA Security.
    https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan...-camping-and-lodging/camp-scholler/guidelines

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Just got back from Oshkosh. All I can say is WOW! I can tell that this could be an annual trek, or at least every couple of years. You just can't see it all in a few days. Here are a couple pics. I'll try to post a few more when I get a chance. We're exhausted. My boys had the time of their lives!

Of course, the F-22 was my favorite. (The F-35A was a no-show, but the C showed up and made a couple nice passes before landing and letting us get a good look at it. I have to say, outside of the F-22, the Mig 17 had to be one of the coolest things we saw. The bright orange flame from the afterburner was great, and it just looked like it was hauling a$$. It sounded great, too! The night show was simply spectacular, and my sons LOVED the jet powered truck! The Mig 17 "raced" it down the runway, which had the guys just jumping with excitement. What a weekend!

Thanks to all for the advice and help! The camping worked out perfectly. We stayed in the all night generator lot and had nice, comfy air conditioning all night.

fx50mqY.jpg
    grhSxnd.jpg
    zp3XcVs.jpg
    Jr3RR4u.jpg
    6lyptcl.jpg
    nA0wyVO.jpg
    2OADNZa.jpg
    l8r4FM4.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I entertained the idea of going but scrubbed at the last minute. I could’ve offered lots of advice as I have been there multiple times and have even done the SS Badger car ferry out of Manitowoc over to Ludington to watch races at Michigan International Speedway after the fly-in.

Watching all the live streaming from the fly-in took its toll on my productivity this past week but was worth it. More motivated than ever to get my Velocity built and fly up there myself.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Glad you had a good time and Wisconsin treated you well!! Since you didn’t mention it, I’ll assume traffic was not an issue, which is a good thing anytime you’re near Chicago! My wife came up thru there Sunday morning and said there was nobody on the highway then. I’ll have to think about going back to the museum, but my dislike of big crowds will probably keep me away from the air show. Good to hear you are home safe and had a great vacation with the kids!!

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I talked to a friend of mine a few times about getting some info for you about the airshow, as well as how traffic might be thru there Sunday morning for my wife’s trip home.

He was there with his grandson. His Father and Uncle were both commercial pilots, and he flys privately. He’s 52 and thinks he has been there 45 years, the first time when he was two. He knows a guy who flys in every year and has been there 65 years this year. That’s pretty dedicated.

He built an open cockpit Fly Baby with his brother that his Dad and Uncle started but never finished. This was after they both passed away within 24 days of each other. I’ve seen it, it’s a single seater and while I don’t fly, I don’t think I would go up in that.

Attachments

• 2687FDF1-DA79-4FA5-AE36-30E6E775337A.jpg
      2687FDF1-DA79-4FA5-AE36-30E6E775337A.jpg
      131.4 KB · Views: 10

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Glad you enjoyed yourselves, as that's a big part of what it's all about.

I missed a comedy Cub act or wing walker this year, did I nap thru any?

To me Oshkosh is about the Marketplace and Build Forums.

Flybaby, did someone mention Flybaby? Last I knew this Flybaby "Wood Knot" was setting in a Wichita basement under reconstruction. All hand planked...or perhaps I should have said hand painted. :):

View attachment 78831

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The traffic was no issue at all going up Thursday evening. I think we hit Chicago around 8pm or so. Coming home Sunday it was a bit heavy even before but especially in Chicago. It didn't cost us too much time, though, so we just rolled with it.

We didn't spend nearly as much time as I'd like in the trade show and seminars, but we'll do that next time. I also wanted to see the STOL competition Friday night but we were just too tired.

I'll be checking the calendar soon to see if we can do it again next year. It has to fall just right with my work calendar, so it may be something we do every 2 to 3 years.

Top Bottom