Anyone going to the Marion County Fish and Game shoot this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm curious about this as well. A group of us planned a group shoot in the bays for this Sunday (this was a few weeks back and the calendar was clear). Didn't realize an Appleseed event got put on the calendar. Any way to verify it's actually going to be taking place?

Dorky_D

Expert
    Dec 4, 2010
    I got the email reminder for the event today. I my 2 boys and my dad will be going.

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm pretty sure it's taking place. It's listed on Appleseed's website as a sold out event.

The event is on - it has been on the MCF&G calendar since May or June, IIRC - or it was supposed to and was when I looked.

I don't get over here much - but it'll be good to see people; and yes it is sold out!

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Event went very well ... 3 new riflemen qualified ... everyone was safe.
    The 2nd day way a smaller line;
    Dorky_D - we were looking for you Sunday (putting 2 +2 together to guess who you were);
    L-Snake - Not sure which of the shooters you were ... since 2 sets of "me and a buddy" were there (LOL).
    I hope you guys all had a good time and learned a bit of marksmanship and some awesome american history.

2 Clicks Low will have an AAR on the A/S forum this week, I'll let you know when I see it.

(Little FYI - we did have 4th score shot - my 4th "fast aqt" made it - 211 ... made my night when finally got to score it at home)

Dorky_D

Expert
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yep, sorry we did not make it for day 2. My dad was out because he had a hard time moving since he does not do that stuff often enough. My boys were struggling a bit with being a bit too sensitive on some stuff. They need to grow a bit and I need to teach them better, so I will own that part. We will probably do it again in 2 years. Brotherbill3, I need to mail my living social voucher so that you all get credit. Can you PM me a mailing address? Thanks!

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Yep, sorry we did not make it for day 2. My dad was out because he had a hard time moving since he does not do that stuff often enough. My boys were struggling a bit with being a bit too sensitive on some stuff. They need to grow a bit and I need to teach them better, so I will own that part. We will probably do it again in 2 years. Brotherbill3, I need to mail my living social voucher so that you all get credit. Can you PM me a mailing address? Thanks!

PM in bound (in a bit). I understand on both accounts - being a Papaw with a 7 and 5 yo grandsons (and often repeating the movie line "there's not crying in baseball"); and while I move pretty well, I also am blessed to have my dad w/ me and he'd be trying everything to the point of not moving so well too.

I thought both boys did well, but I get completely get what you mean ... Bring them back next year ... I hope to have my 7 (then 8) yo. w/ me at an event, if I can find a break in the baseball schedules. 2 boys both probably playing travel ball (that's 50 games in the spring, plus) ... :yikes: ...

It was good to see you out there! Keep up the good work!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Dec 4, 2010
    They are good boys and I am blessed to be their dad. They have some growing to do, but then again, so do I!

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    L-Snake - Not sure which of the shooters you were ... since 2 sets of "me and a buddy" were there (LOL).
    I hope you guys all had a good time and learned a bit of marksmanship and some awesome american history.

We were the buddies there the second day. I was shooting the stainless 10/22 on the end of the line. Had a great time despite my poor aqt scores. Looking forward to doing another one.

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    They are good boys and I am blessed to be their dad. They have some growing to do, but then again, so do I!

Don't we all! ;)

We were the buddies there the second day. I was shooting the stainless 10/22 on the end of the line. Had a great time despite my poor aqt scores. Looking forward to doing another one.

Good deal! - See you again next year sometime, perhaps. Keep working on it - all the lessons are in there.

BTW everyone - the AAR is up on the Appleseed forum, post pictures and tell the tales there:

Indianapolis, IN Oct 22-23 2016

Top Bottom