Anyone Going to Watch "Armed in America" on PBS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone going to watch "Armed in America" tonight (9PM EDT) on PBS?

I am very confused by the topics. PBS wants to talk about "gun violence" but the first episode is "Peace Officer" about the use of SWAT/SRT teams in law enforcement and those who question their application.

The next episode on Tuesday is "Armor of Light", a seemingly theological discussion about Christians (no other religions are advertised) and the use of deadly force in self-defense.

I mean, I guess I understand the topics, but neither has anything to do with "gun violence". It's as if the producers grabbed the bit and jumped the fence and ran off the farm completely.

Peace Officer | Documentary about SWAT and Militarization of Police | Independent Lens | PBS

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Most "documentaries" I've seen are anything but........... They all seem to have an agenda.

I can only imagine what the slant on this one will be. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Most "documentaries" I've seen are anything but........... They all seem to have an agenda.

I can only imagine what the slant on this one will be. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

:laugh:HA!:laugh: I wouldn't hold your breath. Its PBS (Propaganda Broadcasting System) were talking about here...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its on my DVR schedule. Im not holding my breath.

There is supposed to be a town hall/forum tomorrow after the shows. THAT should be interesting. And I'm guessing they'll stack the panel toward the anti side.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am not really sure what I just watched. It focused on 2 police actions.

The first was a less than optimal (ok, the cops lied about it) SWAT deployment against a post-DV standoff in Utah.

The second was a drug search warrant against a dope grow operation, the Matthew Stewart debacle.

Nothing about "gun violence" as in the first case all the gun violence was done by the police and in the second situation the cops would be exempted from any gun control laws.

It may have been a piece on SWAT teams and whether they should exist but "gun violence"? Simply moronic.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The first was a less than optimal (ok, the cops lied about it) SWAT deployment against a post-DV standoff in Utah.

The second was a drug search warrant against a dope grow operation, the Matthew Stewart debacle.

Nothing about "gun violence" as in the first case all the gun violence was done by the police and in the second situation the cops would be exempted from any gun control laws.

It may have been a piece on SWAT teams and whether they should exist but "gun violence"? Simply moronic.

Tonight sounds like a preface for tomorrow nite, which is the meat of the issue for them. Tomorrow is supposed to be about the gun issues in general. This sounds like PBS' way of being "fair and balanced". Tonite they railed on LEOs. Tomorrow they rail on us. Way to be balanced. :rolleyes:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

I sorta got that from the preview. But haven't watched yet. thanks! ;)
    280-DENnyaward.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder who they think might need disarming, no?

I'm guessing religionism has little to do with ownership & use of firearms also (tomorrow). Can't wait to be shocked and awed there either.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I sorta got that from the preview. But haven't watched yet. thanks! ;)
    280-DENnyaward.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder who they think might need disarming, no?

I'm guessing religionism has little to do with ownership & use of firearms also (tomorrow). Can't wait to be shocked and awed there either.

HINT: Its PBS, so EVERYONE needs to turn in their guns. Even LEOs are too dangerous to have them.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I watched, pretty much a dig on US Police action SWAT shootings, in Utah and were pretty one sided. Tonight's episode will focus I bet on crazy Christians and their love affair with their guns. The town hall lasted about two minutes with me, I saw the panel, and said, time for bed.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Rarely watch Independent Lens as they are so poorly done by the social justice warriors with a camera, plus the one sided slant usually makes me mad. May try to watch a bit of tonight's broadcast if I can stay awake and not break the TV.

Couldn't sleep last night and stopped on Tavis Smiley [STRIKE]interviewing[/STRIKE] having a conversation with [STRIKE]journalist[/STRIKE](*) Katie Couric. She was promoting some feature piece on whatever third rate internet stream she spews her crap on. I am surprised she was not wearing a cheerleader outfit with MDA on the chest as she was spouting every line from Moms Demand Action and talking about her buddy Bloomberg. Tavis could barely get her to acknowledge the Chicago death trap as her mantra was all about pretty little white girls and boys. Save the children.

[STRIKE]journalist[/STRIKE](*) Katie Couric - she never has been a journalist. Pretty enough to be a weather babe but too lazy to learn meteorology so she just became a couch babe on the morning [STRIKE]news [/STRIKE]talk shows.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, a "documentary" about "the nation's rising gun violence" (which is a fiction, as unambiguously proven by crime statistics), focuses on the 0.01% of police officers and the 0.001% of otherwise law-abiding citizens who contribute to said fictional "rising gun violence", while not talking at all about the actual source of real gun violence: gangbangers and drug dealers.

Gosh. I'm shocked.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Also its easier and safer to get in some in the grill of some LEOs and Christians face and be all judgemental then track down some Violent Gang Banger and drug kingpins. Also the PBS guys like Gangbangers and drug kingpins better.

Top Bottom