• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIESELTUNDRAXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Looking for some info and comments, on FNH five-seven as carry gun. Any own or shoot one of these, what type of holsters are available out there? :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I wish. If you're interested in one, you better get one sooner rather than later. The anti-gun folks have been specifically targeting this gun as a cop-killer because of its high capacity. Unfortunately it was also reported that this weapon was involved in the Ft. Hood incident.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have ran a mag or two through one. They are nice guns, Very accurate and not much recoil to them. They are kinda big.

Ammo might be hard to find, your looking at either gun shops, gander mtn type stores or online. I am not sure of the going price for a box of ammo.

As for holsters, I am not sure how many options there are. From what I hear Raven is at the Indy1500 a lot. They can make a custom kydex holsters for odd guns.

Raven Concealment Systems

If your a reloader I have around 400 empty once fired cases.

-James

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I wish. If you're interested in one, you better get one sooner rather than later. The anti-gun folks have been specifically targeting this gun as a cop-killer because of its high capacity. Unfortunately it was also reported that this weapon was involved in the Ft. Hood incident.
    yeah. they've called it a "cop-killer" and it's "capable of firing armor-piercing rounds".
    Confederate Yankee: The "Cop Killer" FN Five-seveN

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No info but a queation.

Why that gun?

I never heard of before the Ft. Hood attack.
    I did see some discussion on here that the evil ammo is not sold to the public anymore.....

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    No info but a queation.
    I did see some discussion on here that the evil ammo is not sold to the public anymore.....
    apparently not since 1986....but the media sure doesn't like little things like "facts" to get in the way of their "stories"...which is all they're required to tell you. Stories.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    my father in law has one.

They're neat little blasters, for sure. But they're BIG. If you're looking to carry one, it'd be difficult to conceal if that's how you're looking to carry.

But the standard mag is 20, so 20+1 capacity in a very capable little round...

Little recoil, VERY easy to keep on target. Sights are small, however.

Add in a weapon light and/or laser and it'd make a SWEET night stand gun.

-J-

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I heard about these more than a year ago. but I never contemplated getting one expecially after reading a post on AR-15.com about ammo prices being so high.
    I don't remember how high exactly right now but I thought it must be a misprint so I went to a website looking for ammo in that caliber and it was exactly the same price as quoted in the forum. Shocked! :nailbite:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    There is an entire forum of devotee's that is all about this pistol.

Personally, I think it would be a fine carry weapon, just GROSSLY over priced!
    Now, if you had a 5.7x28 upper to go with it.........NOW you might be talking!

:twocents:
    There are several equally or even greater preforming carry guns, for HALF or less, the current going rate.

But either way, here is all you could ever want to know about the FiveseveN

FiveseveNForum.com • Index page

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have both an FN Five-seveN and their PS-90. I would have a P90 but our government has destroyed the supreme law of the land.

Anyway, I have never paid more than $360 shipped for 1000 rounds of ammo. That is about what 5.56x45/.223 is going for, so what's the problem? Last got a case (2000 rounds) from Midway for $725 shipped which is a very good price. Check around, many online sellers have specials on them very often.

As for the pistol itself, it is an amazingly light firearm, very low recoil and very accurate. The unfortunate part is it's size. It is a full size pistol, so if you can't hide a full size one, this is not a carry piece for you.

It is a great home defense weapon! With a 20+1 capacity, and two more mags each loaded with 20 rounds, I feel sorry for any idiot who enters your home if you are defended with one.

I am very happy with mine, and really enjoy taking it to the range to practice with.

BuckGem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Like Indykid, I also have a Five-seveN. Had it for about a year and wouldn't get rid of it. There are those who love it (owners) and those who hate it (wish they did or don't know what they are talking about). Ammo is about the same price as my 40 or 45. There is no such thing as the one and only handgun. But the Five-seveN is a quality handgun.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Great gun.

Holsters are a bit scarce, think mine is a Fobus. I love the FiveseveN pistol along with my PS90 and FiveseveN AR (yepper got the bug pretty bad). Ammo is not too expensive and the mag capacity is great. If you get the extension you can go to 30 rnds on the pistol. Pros: It is very accurate, light recoil, lightweight, easy to clean, hight capacity mags and has a pretty good bark (high "cool factor"). Cons: a bit expen$ive, hard to conceal, bad reputation as a cop killer (however mine has never tried to kill any cops), ammo not as available as others, not many reloading dies available and mags are pricey.

If you are on the fence you might want to shoot one before you buy due to the cost. Before you shoot one save up enough to buy one because you will.
    :draw:

DIESELTUNDRAXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    well thanks for all the info everyone i've done alot of research on this gun and think this will be my next gun purchase. :) I first saw this gun in the movie War with Jet Li and Jason Statham, and thought it was a pretty cool gun:rockwoot:

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just bought one at AAC in Moorsville to go with my PS90. Ammo is about $23-25 a box and I'v never had a problem finding it at the gun shows. I think their a good investment if you can get one for under a $1000. Try to find one with the 3 20 round mags as I'v seen several with 10 rounders for Kalifornia at gun shows here.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Anyway, I have never paid more than $360 shipped for 1000 rounds of ammo. That is about what 5.56x45/.223 is going for, so what's the problem? Last got a case (2000 rounds) from Midway for $725 shipped which is a very good price. Check around, many online sellers have specials on them very often.

Problems with math?

Top Bottom