• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    I just got a H&K USP 40, does anyone have any experience with one. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Likes/dislikes??:dunno: I received the gun as a trade, like new in the box.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First and favorite gun so far, H&K USP 40 Compact.

Love it. Feels very comfortable and comforting to have. Take it to the range sometime. It's got a nice little kick to it, but nothing overpowering. Mine's the two-tone, but I'd personally prefer the all-black.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I'm pretty close to someone on here that just completed
    the Air Marshal Certification last week.
    Training consisted of I believe 23 candidates.
    Each was issued a new, HK 40 with average of 900 rounds fired per candidate.
    That comes out to 20,700 total rounds fired without cleaning the firearm.
    I asked about misfires, stoves or fail to ejects.
    I was informed there was not one.
    He was impressed with the weapon and asked the instructor the same question.
    Instructor replied he could not recall when the last failure
    was using the same weapon in previous classes.

I'd say you have yourself a keeper.

With luck, he may chime in with his version.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have one... hasn't failed me yet. More accurate than I can shoot it. I just wish mags were a bit cheaper. You got a fine firearm in that trade.

Its definitely a keeper :rockwoot:

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I had a full size a few years ago. A little big for daily carry. I sold it and found a compact. The compacts are the cats meow. I too like the cocked and locked, as well as the magazine release. You don't have to break your hold to drop the mag. Getting parts from HK on the other hand can be a bit of a hassle. The one thing I have found out about the germans' is they like small funky shaped springs.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I had a full size a few years ago. A little big for daily carry. I sold it and found a compact. The compacts are the cats meow. I too like the cocked and locked, as well as the magazine release. You don't have to break your hold to drop the mag. Getting parts from HK on the other hand can be a bit of a hassle. The one thing I have found out about the germans' is they like small funky shaped springs.

It's hard to get HK parts, That is why I stop shooting my P9S & P7M13:(

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    But the other good thing is it's an H&K you won't need parts!! I own two the full size and the compact great guns!!!

Last edited:

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    I've owned a HK USP 40 since 2008, my first handgun. never had a jam, misfire, ftf, fte...never. accurate enough to protect myself, possibly the simplest handgun to disassemble.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I've got an early KD (93) date coded SS USP. Not sure how many rounds through the beast, but I have NEVER experienced any sort of FTF or FTE with the weapon. Mine is as old as dirt and does not have the captured recoil spring/guide rod, or polygonal barrel. Welcome to the club, great choice for quality and substance.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I just got a H&K USP 40, does anyone have any experience with one. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Likes/dislikes??:dunno: I received the gun as a trade, like new in the box.

You'll like the gun, I have the full-size USP & the compact. The gun is accurate & gives you the option of cock-n-lock:yesway:

Top Bottom