Anyone have an AR with a pinned/welded suppressor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    While looking at Liberty Precision Machines site at their new 5.56 cans and ordering a muzzle device last night I saw that they had a p/w Anthem S can and I've always liked the idea of getting a SBR without the red tape that comes with a SBR.

If the brace rule stays in effect I'm really thinking about going this route on an upper for a future 11.5 build. The can is 7" so I will be well above 16 and I have an Anthem S qd model on the way already.

If anyone here has done this - how's it been? Would you do it again? How do you go about cleaning the can at high round counts?

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I haven't done this I have serious thought about it though. Griffin Armament also has P&W cans gp5 & gp7 I think is what they call them. I've never cleaned my rifle cans, but the rifle I was thinking about P&W is a 300blk that shoots alot of dirty subs. So I guess for cleaning you could always hang the rifle above a sonic cleaner with the suppressor dangling in the solution.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I haven't done this I have serious thought about it though. Griffin Armament also has P&W cans gp5 & gp7 I think is what they call them. I've never cleaned my rifle cans, but the rifle I was thinking about P&W is a 300blk that shoots alot of dirty subs. So I guess for cleaning you could always hang the rifle above a sonic cleaner with the suppressor dangling in the solution.
    That's what I figured would be the only solution to cleaning but hoped someone had a better option.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    That's what I figured would be the only solution to cleaning but hoped someone had a better option.
    I currently have an HM Defense 300BLK upper with an integrated suppressor that's in jail, waiting for the tax stamp for the suppressor. According to the manufacturer, the way to clean it is to change out a gas screw and shoot supersonics through it. Beyond that, there is a lifetime warranty and they've said you can send it to them if there are any issues. Bought it from @Aszerigan !

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Cleaning centerfire rifle cans isn't necessary. The ones that are made to disassemble and clean are a meme. And I personally wouldn't pin and weld a suppressor. In the event the can needs serviced by the manufacturer it'd be a bigger pain to get it back to them because I doubt they'd go through grinding/drilling the pin out in order to service it

Top Bottom