• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    It's FN's version of the Browning Pro 9. I went to Gander Mt Sunday to get one of the Sigs that were on sale, they were sold out. So I saw one of these stainless FN FNP-9's, liked the feel of it, so I put one on layaway.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My buddy has two - I had one, we got ours for $430 OTD - I think they're decent guns for the $, but wouldn't pay anymore than what I did for one.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My brother has one and loves it. It's the USG with 3 position safety: decock, fire, and safety.
    Good thing it comes with 3 mags, because those bastards are expensive.

100_0016.jpg

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Beautiful weapon!

I'm not finding any mags other than Glocks to be inexpensive. My version will be the decock version. I'd rather have had the SA lock safety, but I like a decock version over none at all.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Serial Crusher has one. Great weapon. It didn't malfunction for me, and Iv never seen it malfunction for him.

Very accurate, Very reliable, with good ergonomics; just like so many other pistols out there now. If your in the market for a polymer 9mm, and you find one at a good price, then jump on it. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Yeah, I love the pistol for its function and fit, but I think it's a little frumpy looking. Sounds kind of strange, but it's just a ho-hum kind of pistol. Not that any of that is bad. I was looking for a DA/SA pistol with a decocker as opposed to a safety, so that narrows the field to a Sig, HK or an FNP. The HK is the coolest looking of those pistols, but they also command the highest prices. I don't care for the position of the decocker on the Sig because I'm left handed. The actual difference in quality and reliability between the three is imperceptable. There are some features of the FNP that edge the others, first is 16+1 capacity, which is one more than the HKs in 9. Second is that both the trigger assembly and the slide rails are pinned into the frame, making them removable and replaceable. I have about 600 failure free rounds through it so far, and I can ding the boiler room from 25yds every time. What more could you ask of a pistol? One drawback is that there are not many accessories for the pistol, I think there is one Insight technologies flashlight, and one laser/flashlight combo that fit it. There are only two companies that make holsters for it, so try to get the FN shooter's pack with it when you get one. The companies are Bladetech and Gould & Goodrich. I was unfortunate to buy one when they didn't have the deal going, but I called FN and they sent me a holster through UPS. You might be able to get that kind of service from Sig, but if you could find a way to call HK they would probably laugh and insult you in German :D

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Just bought an FNP9 USG dark earth in Plainfield. Stopped at Gander Mountain on the way home and they had 1 black/silver and 2 all black FNP9s

Scottiedog422

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Tippecanoe, Indiana
    I have shot a friends and enjoyed it. I picked up the Sig 2022 from Gander last week, havn't put many down the pipe due to the shortage of 9mm. What I have shot of the 2022 I would say the FN you picked up is as good of gun. Enjoy.

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I saw that dark earth FNP at Plainfield yesterday. It's a single action cock and lock, is it not?
    Actually though, after finding the 24/7 at Plainfield for only $340, I cancelled the layaway on the FNP. $549's too steep when I can get the 24/7 for $200 less. The guy warned me there would be a $25 charge for cancelling the layaway. I just replied "that's cheaper than paying $549 for the gun..."

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I saw that dark earth FNP at Plainfield yesterday. It's a single action cock and lock, is it not?
    Actually though, after finding the 24/7 at Plainfield for only $340, I cancelled the layaway on the FNP. $549's too steep when I can get the 24/7 for $200 less. The guy warned me there would be a $25 charge for cancelling the layaway. I just replied "that's cheaper than paying $549 for the gun..."

No, the one I got at Plainfield today is the USG DA/SA MS.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    There is a Browning Pro-40 for sale at Beechgrove Firearms for $475. It is a DA/SA. Has the cocked and locked safety as well as the decocker it is a stainless top and a black bottom.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    We have an FN in a 9mm and 40. Both are very nice. We have shot hundreds of rounds through both of them and never a problem. My son carries the 40 at work at the dairy farm.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    :n00b:You saved $200 for sure but you bought a VASTLY inferior weapon. It is just for fun, go for it. If your life depends on it, bad move in all respects. If you doubt me, name a police department that not only standardized on Taurus OR even lets their officers carry them at all, even off duty. And yes, I am speaking from experience. I owned three Taurus' and all three had to go back to the factory at some point or another for repair of various issues.

ETA - RIGHT NOW distributors are selling the FDE FNP-9 for $350 to dealers. You should be able to get one for about $400-$490.

Top Bottom