• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks for the info. I'm leaning toward the Glock version for uniformity.

The Glock version makes sense for Glock owners. I'll admit to having a Glock tucked in the back corner of the safe, but for me having a dedicated lower was a downside so I went with the Sten version.

If I was a Glock guy, then there are some serious advantages to getting the Oly/Glock carbine because the magazines are interchangeable. I've not heard any complaints about the Oly/Glock carbines over at the Oly forums, there are members who have them there and everyone seems happy with the 9mm Olys, not matter which magazine they utilize. If you've got other Glocks then it certainly makes a lot of sense to go with the Oly/Glock carbine.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I should look into the Kel Tec as well. They're probably lower priced than an AR.

They are lower priced but there are some advantages the AR. The nice thing about an AR is that if you get a universal lower receiver then you can simply buy different upper receivers and have multiple guns built off of one lower. I've got a long range 6.5 Grendel but am building a QCB 6.5 Grendel upper, plus I have 9mm, 22lr and 223 uppers. All of them will swap off of a single lower. In the long term an AR can be cheaper, especially if you want to shoot multiple calibers or multiple configurations of the same caliber.

Really the best bet is to simply assess what you ultimately want to do, then figure out the best way to achieve it. It may be that the AR is a good way to go, or not.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They are lower priced but there are some advantages the AR. The nice thing about an AR is that if you get a universal lower receiver then you can simply buy different upper receivers and have multiple guns built off of one lower. I've got a long range 6.5 Grendel but am building a QCB 6.5 Grendel upper, plus I have 9mm, 22lr and 223 uppers. All of them will swap off of a single lower. In the long term an AR can be cheaper, especially if you want to shoot multiple calibers or multiple configurations of the same caliber.

Really the best bet is to simply assess what you ultimately want to do, then figure out the best way to achieve it. It may be that the AR is a good way to go, or not.

Good advice

Top Bottom