Anyone have any experience with this rifle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I am looking for Pros and Cons of a Howa M1500 Axiom. I am really thinking of buying one as a gift for myself for my 21st birthday (not till October). Does anyone have one and if so what do you think of it?
    HWK63301.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    good gun... will probably shoot... i have no personal experience with them however... just curious why are you picking that gun out of the many many tactical precision rifles on the market?

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Out of several tactical rifles I have shot I liked it the best. My friend has one in .308 and I love shooting it. I am looking at one in 30-06 because I have almost 100,00 rounds of military surplus.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    want to sell some of that surplus? looking for some cheap stuff to give my dad for his birthday.... he bought an old 1903 and only 40 rounds of tracer....

and you can find many tactical rifles in 30-06 as well... BUT if YOU shot IT and YOU like IT then YOU buy IT....

Nothing beats a rifle that you like and you shoot well..... but if you shot it... then what specifically are you hoping to find out if anyone on this site has any experience with them?

Backwoods

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The thing to remember is, when you shoot surplus ammo. You really don't know what the gun can do.

dfa762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Huntington
    Might want to think of less cost for the rifle, and use the $ for a good scope and ammo with the way the cost of ammo is going

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Nothing beats a rifle that you like and you shoot well..... but if you shot it... then what specifically are you hoping to find out if anyone on this site has any experience with them?

Since I don't own one I have never cleaned or field stripped one. So I was just wondering if there are any really cool features or really bad problem that don't make themselves known when shooting. I fully plan on buying it as soon as the funds for the gun and a good scope become available.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Howa makes a pretty decent bolt actioned rifle, but I have no peticular experience with the Knoxx Axiom stock.

I can tell you that from looking at the picture it'd probably be a nightmare to carry in the field due to all of the potential snag points, carrying a scoped rifle through the woods is bad enough as it is but that thing looks like it aims to take getting caught on stuff to a whole new level!

But that shouldn't be a problem if your going to be using it for precision target shooting from a bench though, but if your going to be doing that I'd also have to echo the suggestions about getting some good target/match ammunition to feed it, sure that surplus stuff will probably go down the pipe just fine but like everyone else said, it'll limit the potential of your new precision rifle.

I'll be looking forward to reading your first range report Rhino!

Top Bottom