Anyone have experience with Progressive Ins?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There are some uptight actuaries that say there is no driver that has absolute zero fault in any accident. For example had you chosen not to be on the road that day, taken a different path, etc. the accident couldnt have happened. So therefore you must claim at least SOME fault. Even if the fault ratio is 95%/5%, you still bear some fault in the accident.

Stupid I know.

Yeah I guess **** me for not owning a teleporter to get to work lol

I think they must have gone after the other driver personally in court because he didn't have insurance either. I got a refund on my deductible about the same time as they changed it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    i used to have them for home owners, when I asked to add a writer covering excess firearms. they wanted to complete inventory with serial numbers and everything and when I provided them a list they suddenly had an underwriter call me ask why I had so many and asked way too many questions about firearms. so I dropped them

They are named Progressive for a reason. Very anti.

TexasRedneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Texas - where else?<G>
    Yup - for anyone not familiar with 'em - you need to know that Progressive is about as anti-gun as they come, and contribute to the various anti-2nd groups routinely. So....you're giving them funding to use against ya.

I won't deal with 'em.

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    I had them for years. Then I received a letter in the mail that my insurance would be canceled in 30 days.

I called to inquire why. They said that statistically I was due for an accident.

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    I dropped them some years ago,, after finding out family that owned that company had younger man of family, took over and was "VERY PROGRESSIVE"***anti - gun,, anti conservative and working against us.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I started with them around 1999. I had a claim for a B&E on my truck. No issues. Around 2006 we switched to State Farm because that's what my wife had always used (newlyweds at that time) and she didn't want to change. After having to deal with State Farm on several different claims, most of which involved my wife hitting a deer, I dropped them and went back to Progressive. We've had a few more claims since. Deer, hail, and a State Farm customer in a dually pulling a trailer pulled out in front of her, crossed 2 lanes of traffic AND a turn lane, and literally shoved her in the ditch at 60 mph. Progressive was great. State Farm still sucks.

I moved my home owners to them a few years ago. I don't remember who it's actually through, but Progressive just collects the money. When we bought the home in 2005, our original insurance was around $800, and it had climbed to over $1,500 with no claims. I was shopping around regularly, and couldn't find anything for less. At that point, Progressive wasn't offering anything in our area. Shortly after filing a claim for some hail damage to our roof, I received a letter from Progressive indicating that they were now offering Home Owners coverage in our area. I switched before my provider had a chance to increase my rates (again), and my rates dropped back to $800 for the exact same coverage. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. My rates have gone up slightly since (no additional claims), but at a substantially slower rate than they used to.

As far as Pro vs Anti 2A, I have no plans on switching my insurance. Pretty much every major corporation that we deal with is extremely "Progressive". I used to let that influence my decisions, but it got to the point where I literally didn't have any Pro 2A/Conservative options that were even remotely cost competitive. Where a competitive option exists, I'm excited to learn about it and support them. But I'm not going to get hosed out of hundreds, or even thousands of dollars over it. NRA and GOA memberships are a lot cheaper than that, and more effective than me not doing business with the likes of Walmart, no matter how much I hate stepping inside one of their stores.

At the end of the day, large corporations don't care about individual customers. If you want to influence change, organize a peaceful protest during a share holder meeting and spin it in a way that will make the average person sympathetic to the cause.

Top Bottom