Anyone have luck with a EDC backpack for a SBR or AR pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    The diaper bag is a pretty great idea, until I start walking around with it and no babies.. LOL. I did find a Vertx code so that helps.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I carry a pistol grip 870 with a side saddle in a single (non-padded even) tennis racket bag in my car where it is legal to do so. I have a second single bag with an actual racket in it as well. It has not been noticed...

Okay thanks I'll grab one see how it works out for me

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have a tennis racket bag years ago and I guess that's fine for just leaving in your car or something like that. I am talking about a backpack that I can walk around with and be discreet. Walking around with a tennis bag and not having any tennis courts near by is a little weird to me.. LOL. Seems like a lot of people walk around with backpacks these days. Also want to have just everyday carry items in there not just a gun. Going with the Vertx for sure just wish the DD would fit but it will not so its going to have to be the Scorpion

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a Hazard 4 Takedown carbine sling that works fairly well. It will fit an 8-9 inch AR pistol fully, or a broken down rifle. It also has a pistol pocket on the outside. If you need to access it in a hurry you can pull the bag around to your chest and deploy it.
    So far I'm just using as a range bag.
    Holds the AR pistol, a handgun, and probably 3-5 magazines for each weapon.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Okay so I went with the Commuter sling 2.0. it has what they call Velcro one on the inside and it looks like they sell some pretty pricey options that stick to it. Anyone ever use it?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Okay so I went with the Commuter sling 2.0. it has what they call Velcro one on the inside and it looks like they sell some pretty pricey options that stick to it. Anyone ever use it?

Yes but there are some much cheaper mounting options on Amazon that are basically the same thing. I went that route but both work well just depends on how much you want to spend.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Yes but there are some much cheaper mounting options on Amazon that are basically the same thing. I went that route but both work well just depends on how much you want to spend.

what would I search for? Not even sure what they call it

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Using the Gen 3 Law folder with an SBA3 brace (pistol) or any M4 type stock (SBR) and an 11.5" upper w/A2 FH is will just barely fit in a London Bridge Trading 3-day pack. A fairly old black Eagle A-III is my everyday laptop bag, and I do have a padded leather cover for paper notepad that might keep the AR from destroying the laptop, but it's never quick to get the AR in and out quickly if you are packing other items in around it even if it's a less frequently accessed Get Home Bag versus everyday use. And it takes up a fair amount of irregularly shaped internal volume. The great utility of the Law folder is reducing length to where the folded AR will fit in a pack size that does not look suspect for carrying a rifle, and once you do fish it out it is very quick to deploy versus assembling a separated upper and lower; Gen 3 version is heavy but very solid.

The above folding AR fits easily and more comfortably in a fairly recent production Redwing 44, it would likely also fit a 12.5" barrel or 11.5" with a something like a Surefire suppressor mount brake/FH. In navy blue the pack looks pretty civilized and still has room for a fair amount of other gear and clothing. It's not a large pack, but bigger than I carry everyday. I have used an older Redwing close to this size for traveling light with a single bag, and as a reasonable size trunk bag/GHB.

Something like the CZ Evo standard length (not Micro) pistol with Tailhook brace on the factory folder (or the factory folder stock on an SBR) is a shorter package for pack carry. Even with the longer 3 lug adapter up front it fits easily in the A-III sized packs, and just barely fits in Milspec Monkey's versatile Beaver Boss pack which is made in black and black/gray.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I ended up buying the Vetex Commuter and have been using it for a couple weeks. So far it's pretty awesome. I wish they put the Velcro backing on the other side of the inside pouch but.. Other then that its worth it for sure

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So I ended up buying the Vetex Commuter and have been using it for a couple weeks. So far it's pretty awesome. I wish they put the Velcro backing on the other side of the inside pouch but.. Other then that its worth it for sure
    Good choice, Chef ! :yesway:

Top Bottom