Anyone have problems with the Holosun 507C X2?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    Had the sight about 5 months now. I've got it mounted to my G19 and probably have around 1000 rounds through it. It's been on the auto-adjust, shake awake setting for that whole time. I have the sight set on the EO Tech looking reticle, with the center dot and big circle reticle. Yesterday I picked it up and I noticed that the big outer circle was no longer there, it was only the center dot. I thought maybe somehow it had been bumped into a different setting but as I cycled through the settings I noticed something weird. When I got back around to the EO tech style reticle, the center dot was fine but the big outer circle was fading/flickering for a couple seconds and then went out all together. Clicked the next brighter setting and the same thing happened. Now only the 2 brightest settings will show the outer circle. These are too bright and completely wash out the glass in indoor lighting. The outer ring will no longer appear in any of the other settings, only the center dot shows up.

I sent an email to Holosun but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Did you try changing the battery? I know the circle dot drains the battery faster. The 50k hours is for the dot only. I don't have the 507, but I have a 515 w/circle dot the battery that came with it only lasted around 6 months. The new battery is at 9 months now so it could be the included batt.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have had mine for about a year or so and haven't noticed anything similar. If changing the battery doesn't do anything, I would be interested to know what customer support says.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Had the sight about 5 months now. I've got it mounted to my G19 and probably have around 1000 rounds through it. It's been on the auto-adjust, shake awake setting for that whole time. I have the sight set on the EO Tech looking reticle, with the center dot and big circle reticle. Yesterday I picked it up and I noticed that the big outer circle was no longer there, it was only the center dot. I thought maybe somehow it had been bumped into a different setting but as I cycled through the settings I noticed something weird. When I got back around to the EO tech style reticle, the center dot was fine but the big outer circle was fading/flickering for a couple seconds and then went out all together. Clicked the next brighter setting and the same thing happened. Now only the 2 brightest settings will show the outer circle. These are too bright and completely wash out the glass in indoor lighting. The outer ring will no longer appear in any of the other settings, only the center dot shows up.

I sent an email to Holosun but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
    Did the battery change for you?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Agree that battery change would be the first order of business. A Holosun taking a dump though would not be big news. The are decent but not superior optics. I have had issues with every brand of MRDS I own except Sig and that is probably just a matter of time as those and Vortex seems to have some of the highest failure rates among the non ebay airsoft group

Top Bottom