• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Just curious if any members have tattoos. If so, what are they and what do they mean to you?

I'll start. Even though I was in Uncle Sams yacht club I never once considered getting one. It wasn't until later in life (middle age crazies) that I took the decision to go for it and designed one for my right shoulder. I went 'old school' with a shaded heart wrapped in a ribbon with my wifes, sons, and daughters names on the ribbon. Later added the grandkids. Also have a Celtic Cross on my left shoulder (as does my wife and daughter) and wrap around vines around both arms at the biceps. They are in places that don't show unless I want them to...kinda like CC and OC!:D

Seems once you get ink in your blood you just want more!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont have any.
    Im not sure I would ever get one, I have no idea what I would like.
    I think I would change my mind after it's done.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have 3 and going to get a 4th. Cross on left shoulder with rising sun coming up behind it. Got it after I wrecked and became paralyzed to signify my love for God and that the sun always rises. As in things will always get better with Christ who strengthens me. Right shoulder is 5 Spartan soldiers In a phalanx with spears at the ready at the battle of thermopylae. This signifies the warrior in me that was never able to fulfill because of the wreck. Third is a saint Michael medallion on my left forearm. Got this because when I was in a coma a close family friend gave me a necklace of saint Michael and after it finally broke several years later I decided to get a tattoo so I never loose it. Next will be a saint Gabriel medallion on my right forearm. Story is same as other medallion but given to me by my best friend.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have at least a dozen so far and am far from being done. Very addicting and I cannot get enough ink! :D My main two hobbies, guns and tattoos, couldn't have found something cheap! There is a tattoo thread going with many pages and alot of pics as well. I will have to dig it up and post a link.

edit: here is the thread Official INGO Tattoo Thread

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    Roman III on my right shoulder, and chiness symbols for sons and daughters going down my left forearm. Working on a 1/2 sleeve to add 3 Koi fish around the son and daughter symbols. The koi will be in the kids favorite colors also blue, green and purple. Can't wait, it's going to be an expensive one tho, and probably my last!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I may one day decide that I want to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Can't do that if I have a tattoo...

-J-

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Being an avid deer hunter, several years ago I told myself that if I ever killed a B & C buck that its likeness was going on my upper left arm.
    In 2006 I bow killed a 151" 8 point. I figured that one was my lifetime deer. How wrong I was. In 2008 I killed a 177 3/8" 15 point buck. That baby is now forever [till I'm dead] on my arm.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    small tribal on left arm, want to get lots more. unfortunately for the tatoo fund, about 2 months after i got it, i started dating the girl who became my wife. 15 years later, and she still takes all my money.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    You'll probably find fewer people without than with.

Tatooing is very popular now. My wife and are both inked up. She just got her most recent one last Saturday.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I have a cross that comes down into an anchor on my back and a Celtic cross on my left shoulder/upper arm.

I spent 4 years in the Navy and never got a tattoo. Never even had the desire to get one until my parents started having semi-annual tattoo party's a few years back.

n1198702430_377516_4861926.jpg

n1198702430_377535_3985411.jpg

And to show off the artists work, this is my brothers first ink:

warrior-n1198702430_377543_7294578.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Don't have any, and don't really plan to get any.

I spend too much on guns, knives, and ammo as it is. And I can't think of anything that I'd want to be tatooed on me the rest of my life. I'm dreading in 50 years seeing Grandmothers with lower back tatoos.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have alot! I used to own a tattoo shop. Been licensed since I was 18. I was taught by my uncle who worked for Tattoo Charlies in Louisville for years and years until he moved up north. Had to apprentice for 4-5 yrs and man that was a kick in the junk. We closed the shop down when the wifes dad's Agent Orange got real bad to move back closer and help take care of him and so I could run his shop for him. I still work on the side for friends and family but will open my own place again as soon as time and circumstances permit. Youre right though once you get one there will be more!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got 2 and plan on getting a lot more. I'm not too concerned with what others think of me and mine can be covered with long sleeves. As far as the ignorant comments about police line ups and how the tattoos will look on old people...I've never seen a 60 year old and thought "wow, they look great" and I know I'll never been in a police line up. I don't care today what people think of me based on my appearance (tattoos and piercings) and I'm guessing that won't change as I age.

As far as what I've got, they don't really have any specific meaning and there hasn't been a day that I've regretted them. I don't think they need to have any kind of meaning but if you get something as a memorial or for anything else that is special...cool.

As far as future tattoos, I'd love to get both legs done with whale bone. Looks like it would feel good. Been trying to find someone that can do quality work in the style I want for a sleeve idea. Sadly, quality artists are lacking in this area and some of the quality ones feel they deserve to be paid like they're among the best in the world.

Top Bottom