• txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    I'm in Indy.
    I would rather avoid Atterbury.
    Considering a carpool to Crosley or Wilber Write. Just reviewing links I may also like to check out Minnehaha. Description tho is not impressive.

Im_Chad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    I'm in Greenfield and Anderson has a nice FREE range. Unfortunately I can't go this week as I'm more busy than I want ot be but at some point this winter it would be nice to find new place to shoot. I've heard eagle creek is nice too.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Will be at Atterbury on Wednessday. :rockwoot: I'll be the one with all the wrong guns...lmao AK47, SKS, VZ-58 EBR, Shotgun and manybe a 22 and the 30-30 Thinking of how im going to carry them? could I bring my kids wagon?...lmao

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Free range in Anderson? Where?

I'm in Greenfield and Anderson has a nice FREE range. Unfortunately I can't go this week as I'm more busy than I want ot be but at some point this winter it would be nice to find new place to shoot. I've heard eagle creek is nice too.

Free range in Anderson? Please tell us where, details! :)
    Thanks!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Anyone for sure going to the range this week PM me I'm more or less free the rest of this week. Atterbury is kinda pricey ide like to go somewhere new. But I'm up for anything. Trap, rifle whatever...... I also wanna know more about this free range....

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple

Where is the Anderson range?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I went to ECC today for about 45 minutes to break in a new pistol.

I was the only one there for about 30 minutes, which was kinda creepy but also kinda fun. Wasn't as cold as I thought it would be.

Hoping to go back later this week.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'll be headed for Atterbury for the last time in a couple of hours. Missed all the posts and didn't check their website until just now and found out that they now charge $15 for their two hour minimum. Wasn't that range built with tax dollars?

Anyway New Castle is still FREE, and about 20 miles closer for me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'll be headed for Atterbury for the last time in a couple of hours. Missed all the posts and didn't check their website until just now and found out that they now charge $15 for their two hour minimum. Wasn't that range built with tax dollars?

It's a nice facility and maintenance costs money. Why should people who don't use it (i.e. all non-shooting taxpayers) have to foot the maintenance bill? Just like I don't expect tax money to pay for the ongoing maintenance of the new Colts stadium, even though the facility was paid for with taxes.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

FREE range in Anderson??? Where? I lived in Anderson all my life and do not know of any free range. Please tell me where.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Range report(well kind of)

Went out with a fellow INgunowner today (chefcook) and had a great time.
    Was cold and windy but the watermelons,water bottles and paper did not stand a chance. We shot a couple of ars,ak,870,30-30,berettas,colt combat commander,and a nagant.had our signifigant others with us and his(sorry chef do not remember her name) was a first time shooter.She learned a little and froze alot lol.Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
    The kind of part....are a couple of wooded acres really a range lol?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Went out with a fellow INgunowner today (chefcook) and had a great time.
    Was cold and windy but the watermelons,water bottles and paper did not stand a chance. We shot a couple of ars,ak,870,30-30,berettas,colt combat commander,and a nagant.had our signifigant others with us and his(sorry chef do not remember her name) was a first time shooter.She learned a little and froze alot lol.Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
    The kind of part....are a couple of wooded acres really a range lol?[/quote

Had a blast shooting with Sam and Lori. All the weapons functioned really well. If it had been warmer we would probably still be out there lol. :D As a matter of fact I was so impressed with my Colt I am takin it off the market. I am a firm believer in if it aint broke don't fix it. I still want a Kimber but this Colt shoots too good to part with. I enjoyed shootin the AK it worked really well. But im still an AR man. I think Dee is set wanting a 9mm she liked shooting it the most, however she also likes the Colt. I am going to look to purchase a ruger or walther .22 I have no doubts she will like shooting that. Once she gets a little more proficient and comfortable handling a firearm she can revisit the larger calibers. Sam and Lori are cool folks. When a woman shoots a water bottle with a high powerd rifle then smiles and looks up sayin "yeeeaaaa I love blowin **** up now thats a woman after my own heart lol." All in all we had a really awsome time. I am looking very much forward to the next trip out...JC:smileak::ar15:

Top Bottom