• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Well".....................:dunno:

I had Greater's chocolate ice cream tonight. Damn that stuff is good. I pitty you Indyans. You have no idea.

No worries. I can't have the good stuff anymore. I has a sad.....:(

Me either. I was bad. Really bad. Well, not THAT bad. I had the kid's size. I had zero trick-or-treat candy this year. Rationalization is my strong suit.

The problem is that you can't rationalize away feeling like crap after eating something that you know will make you feel like crap even if it is really good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My evening treat was 2 pieces of whole grain toast with natural honey on it.........Actually not to bad.
    Oat bread. An old nutritional scientist once told me two interesting things about diet. 1) you can't outrun your food. 2) more oats, less wheat, whole or otherwise. Because oats are one of the few grains that scientists haven't figured out how to **** up. That was 20 years ago so I'm not sure if scientists ever figured out how to **** up oats.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My evening treat was 2 pieces of whole grain toast with natural honey on it.........Actually not to bad.

Slow down there, killer. Don't want you to get a cavity.

As for me, I have a day and a half of vacation left. So far, I skipped Halloween candy and instead had two bowls of ice cream over the course of 14 days. That's a lot for me. I need to get back on my diet when we get back in town. I'm at 220 and not happy about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    WTF is natural honey?

I'm guessing raw honey? Good stuff, man.

A friend who is a medical professional once told me the skinny on honey vs sugar. Sugar is sugar. However Honey is 30% glucose and 40% fructose, plus several other types of sugar. Regular sugar is 50/50 and is broken down very easy, causing a spike in blood sugar. Whatever you don't use you store as fat. It takes more work to break down the sugars in honey, so, blood sugar is less spiky and less is stored as fat. Also honey contains other nutrients. Raw honey doesn't lose some of its nutrients through processing like processed honey does.

So raw honey is at least a little better for you than processed honey, and any honey is better than regular sugar.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    From a Farmer no Krogers. That is Natural to me. Not been through the processing plant.

Honey from your local region also (allegedly) helps with allergy's.

Having recently discovered I am a diabetic (damn it) I am playing catch up on what is OK for me to eat.

Gotcha.

As a medical professional I am very familiar with the glycemic index of various foods and the allergy arguments for local stuff. I'd just never heard it called natural honey before. I was imagining some honey flavored substance I'd never seen. I trade maple syrup I make with a friend who raises bees so I don't buy honey.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok so natural honey really is better than the store bought stuff?

There's a retired gentleman here in my small town that raises bees, and sells the honey. It's delicious, and I always buy from him. If it really is better/healthier than the store stuff, then that's awesome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There's a retired gentleman here in my small town that raises bees, and sells the honey. It's delicious, and I always buy from him. If it really is better/healthier than the store stuff, then that's awesome.

That is my understanding and it is so much better taste wise.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Definitely helps with allergies, but it's still sugar, and no better than any other sugar.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Definitely helps with allergies, but it's still sugar, and no better than any other sugar.

I have read read that for natural honey to be affective, the hive it is made in should be within 15 miles of your home. It has something to do with pollens and plants in your area as opposed to stuff further away. Made sense when I read it about 5 years ago.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Okay, back on track.

No. I think Trooper and Rambone are on completely opposite sides of the liberty/totalitarian line. I'm pretty sure Trooper would incarcerate all millennials if he were grand poohbah.

A lot of fun to poke fun at though. He pulled "facts" and numbers out of his ass and then speak of them as if they were truisms. High potential of fun with that. I was sad to see him go.

You lot don't have to deal with Trooper here. *I* have to deal with him at work. Lucky me!

Top Bottom