Anyone here do HR/Employment verifications (trucking industry)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Hi guys:

I had an interview at Swift Transportation yesterday, and the first question they ask me is "What happened at...Job X" and "What happened at Job Y...?" Was wondering if there is anyone on this board that does HR work, preferably in the trucking industry that knows all the right questions to ask to dig for information. I told them that my position was eliminated, and they said, "well why didn't they put you back in your old position"? That was a very good question, and to me it would seem plausible for them to put me back in my old position instead of show me the door.

If you are able to, or have questions, please call me at 219-364-6229. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Erick

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Are you new to trucking? Whether your new or old the first mistake is trying to go to Swift.:): There are way better options out there.

Some jobs ask more questions than others. I've been asked about past jobs by some others just want the info and don't ask anything about them. It sounds more like their just trying to find out why you were fired. Can't blame them there right.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Are you new to trucking? Whether your new or old the first mistake is trying to go to Swift.:): There are way better options out there.

Some jobs ask more questions than others. I've been asked about past jobs by some others just want the info and don't ask anything about them. It sounds more like their just trying to find out why you were fired. Can't blame them there right.

Swift is a big company...looking for non-driving support position. With a fleet of 16,000 trucks, they must be doing something right. I've worked for Ryder, Tandem, and BVD Trucking, and I've come to the conclusion that NONE of them care about the drivers...they all suck. They just care about moving freight. They don't care about driver's families, their personal lives, or the sacrifices they make being away from home for so long. So, yes, all trucking companies, in my mind, suck. Tell me about one that DOESN'T suck.

Curious what my other employers will say...most recent former employer told me in the discharge meeting that I was being terminated, and it was against company policy to tell me why I was being terminated. However when one potential employer called them, they said my position was eliminated due to lack of experience.

In the 3 months I was there, I did driver recruiting, new driver orientation, driver retention, AND dispatch. In yesterday's interview, those responsibilities were called into question. He asked me, "In just 3 months...you did ALL of this...?"

Erick

Top Bottom