• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    Did a forum search but didnt find much info.

Were you happy with the build? Any issues?
    Where did you have it built?
    Any builders in or near Indiana?
    What reciever did you use?
    I ask because I have two part kits that have been sitting in my closet for years and dont know if I should have them built or sell them.

Mike

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I had a Tula Krinkov built by Troy Sellars at InRange in Kodak, TN. I used a NDS-2SF. Most guys are going with 74ullc receivers these days, but I couldn't justify the extra cost for cosmetics(it is an AK afterall). He did a great job and would let him build me another given the chance. Only person I have had work on one of my guns that didn't screw something up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Purchased a kit to build myself but didn't have the time or tools. I had mine built by Gewehr Werks in OH. Sent it off and was contacted by Tim shortly thereafter. It was over the holidays and Tim had some family medical issues to deal with so it took a little longer than I would have liked but the build quality and finish are excellent! They do very good work there from the reviews I saw. I would definitely follow up a little more often if I ever had them do another one. I used a Nodak Spud recvr reccommended for my Romy build. The AK works like a champ and was easy to get sighted in. I need to get some kind of optic as they eyes aint as good as they used to be! I still want to build one on my own and get a part every once in a while to that end. I even tried to get a build party going on here once. It never panned out....

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    built a yugo m-64 milled receiver. was a torch cut receiver so i made patch plates and welded it back together. machined my name town and cal. into it bought 922r parts for it and now it just sits because im scared to shoot it. i need to get go no-go gauges to check head space but aall numbers matched so it should be ok but still don't want it to blow up in my face.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Purchased a kit to build myself but didn't have the time or tools. I had mine built by Gewehr Werks in OH. Sent it off and was contacted by Tim shortly thereafter. It was over the holidays and Tim had some family medical issues to deal with so it took a little longer than I would have liked but the build quality and finish are excellent! They do very good work there from the reviews I saw. I would definitely follow up a little more often if I ever had them do another one. I used a Nodak Spud recvr reccommended for my Romy build. The AK works like a champ and was easy to get sighted in. I need to get some kind of optic as they eyes aint as good as they used to be! I still want to build one on my own and get a part every once in a while to that end. I even tried to get a build party going on here once. It never panned out....

Damn Sarge you should let me know. I still have a couple hat need to be worked on.

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've not had one built, but I have had one rebuilt after the first builder totally hosed the build!

I had InRange rebuild it and it has run like a frieght train ever since.

Get it done correctly the first time!

Top Bottom