• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just wondering if anyone here is from Ohio? I grew up in Dayton/Kettering area in the 60s-70s. After I got off active duty, I lived for a short time in Ohio before I moved to Indiana in 85. Over time, I really enjoyed the 2nd Amendment freedoms and lower taxes here. Life is a little slower paced and less bureaucratic, verses Ohio. Other than Marion's Pizza in Dayton and the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson, there is not a lot that I miss.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I grew up on the IN side of the state line. I have peed into Ohio. One thing I always noticed, OH roads were always cleaned of snow before IN were. By a couple of days sometimes. Out here in the sticks, snow can and does drift really deep. And the roads are in much better shape.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I live in Cleveland. It's getting better by the day. I've been here for 4 months now. If you haven't been to Cleveland lately then you haven't been to Cleveland. Young money is pouring into the state now. Their Republican governor is slowly trying to turn this ship around. In march we will now recognize indiana and other LTCH. And the classroom time to get a Ohio permit will be diminished. We're not indiana, , , yet!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I live in Cleveland. It's getting better by the day.

I go to Cleveland and Youngstown every other year. YT is still a dump, but Cleveland is getting pretty nice. Still not enough to tempt me to move.

Go to Dayton at least 3 times a year. Dad is buried there. I make the pilgrimage to check on his grave and have lunch with his wife and talk about good times.

I also notice the Ohio State Police are out in force for the first 20 miles of I-70.

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My brother is in Sunbury. The grand parents homesteaded there and my folks lived there for a while. A lot of memories. I shoot matches at Piqua Fish and Game also have been to Middletown for Guns of August.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I go to Cleveland and Youngstown every other year. YT is still a dump, but Cleveland is getting pretty nice. Still not enough to tempt me to move.

Go to Dayton at least 3 times a year. Dad is buried there. I make the pilgrimage to check on his grave and have lunch with his wife and talk about good times.

I also notice the Ohio State Police are out in force for the first 20 miles of I-70.
    Here in Cleveland they can't build apts. fast enough to accommodate all the young people moving in. They're redoing all the warehouses into lofts. Some are going for $750,000! And they can't build them fast enough! Young money coming back. They're even going to hold the Republican national convention here next year. I love it. I walk around the city with my wife at 1 in the morning sometimes. Never a issue. We live in Playhouse Square.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Grew up in South Point, OH, it's around Huntington, WV / Ashland, KY area, miss my family, but not the town, except for Giovanni's Pizza & Stewarts Hot Dogs/Root Beer.

Go back every July for family reunion.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Cassonos pizza ... Wish we had it here.

i have family in Middletown , frequent there often.

Top Bottom