• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Decided to do a search and bring this thread back up rather than start my own. Bought my first yak last year. A Perception Pescador Pilot. I didn't get to fish a lot out of it last year but I plan on changing that this year. Trying to get a few things done to it before the season really starts to take off. I sold my Lund boat in favor of less expenses and better fishing opportunities. Some of the lakes in Greene-Sullivan State Forest are perfect for yak fishing.
    31180171_10216699049095576_5948220973947140994_n.jpg

This is at Hillenbrand FWA near Midland, IN.
    39753086_10217726365417842_7305031641489997824_n.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have access to a two-person Hobie Mirage-drive kayak set up for fishing and within dragging distance of Eagle Creek Reservoir. Maybe this thread will get me off my ass to give it a try.

Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I used to fish White River a bit in a kayak, I moved to the lake a few years ago and haven’t been back in the kayak until last week. I had to do some maintenance to the dock so I jumped in the kayak and had at it. I almost forgot how much fun it was in the kayak. I have a feeling I am going to be kayaking the lake a lot this year.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I picked up a 10’ fishing kayak Black Friday for $100 and some change. I love that thing, so much easier less of a hassle than a normal boat. No trailer can launch practically anywhere.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I just looked at my post in this thread from last year and realized how much I failed on what I said. I only took the yak out twice last year. Things just never did pan out for me. I did plan to take it out a third time on Labor Day weekend but a buddy brought up his 2 man pond hopper and we used it. I did some work to mine and can "legally" night fish with it. It's a little discerning drilling holes in the yak but sometimes you just have to. I'm still waiting on some wire loom to show up so I can clean up the clutter a bit. I'm using a small powersports battery to run everything. If I get a fish/depth finder the battery will power it too. I picked up the front LED lights at Academy and the rear light, mount and switch panel came from Wal-Mart. I haven't been out on it yet this year. Still working at the moment. I recently painted my s--t pipes...I mean PVC rod holders blue. They look much better now.

l41V7OJ.jpg

eIhhndW.jpg

ivrP9aG.jpg

LER9HJA.jpg

Last year out at Greene-Sullivan.
    7ctuTnA.jpg

Top Bottom