• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • packingranny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Gatesville Indiana is the place to go for gold panning. Robin Stevens is the store owner there and knows about rocks , etc. There is camping there too. She is really a great gal. If you see here there tell her Lori from Washington sent you. We gold pan when we are able to go there. It is peaceful and great fun. The State forest you need a permit to gold pan and they have maps where to find it. But if you get to one of those meetings in Brown county ask about other areas. Ppl do not want you on their property panning without permission on off roadways. It's the same if you go huntining anywhere, ask to pan.
    The State forest Yellowwood has gold there too. Most of the gold is in black sand. Look also for the garnets in the black sand. Some are worth enough if the size of a pea. At Gatesville a couple of yrs ago they pulled a saphfire..(spelling). There is also fools gold too. I love it there and it is a good place to relax. I still have not been to all the stores in Nashville so that tells you I love to gold pan and rock hound. :) Kids enjoy the adventure too. Good luck!

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Been prospecting for about 4 years. Started out with a gold pan. Went to sluice box, high banker now I have a 4 inch suction dredge. With the wife being sick havent had time to stick pan in the creek. Hope to get some time in the next couple of weeks. would really love to get the dredge in the water.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have several customers that sell me scrap gold in nugget form. They tell me that they find these nuggets using metal detectors. I don't know much about panning and such, but I do know that people can find nuggets using metal detectors.

Just a note: I test these nuggets for gold content and they always test at least 22K (91.6%) or better......24K is pure gold.

Top Bottom