• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm really considering upgrading my EDC weapon, and the XDm looks good on paper, but I'm used to DAO/SA handguns... not so sure on the striker-fired weapons. I'd love to hear your opinions on the differences, and if possible shoot a few magazines through it... I would of course supply the ammo!

Please, anyone? I don't want to spend > $500 on something and then realize I hate it!
    :draw:

Last edited:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm really considering upgrading my EDC weapon, and the XDm looks good on paper, but I'm used to DAO/SA handguns... not so sure on the striker-fired weapons. I'd love to hear your opinions on the differences, and if possible shoot a few clips through it... I would of course supply the ammo!

Please, anyone? I don't want to spend > $500 on something and then realize I hate it!
    :draw:

XDs shoot clips these days? :D

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    The closest I can come is an XD40sc. It is an easy gun to shoot. I have given some passing thought to trying a Sig. I think I willstay with XD for now but I've also been thinking about the XDm40 3.8 If you're interested, I'll offer you my XD40sc to try.

itstheKman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Waaaay Southwestern Indiana
    I currently have a XD 4" 45 and an XD Subcompact 9mm. Both were bough used and both have yet to give me problems. Granted I have only put maybe 200-300 rounds through either myself. My brother also has a XD 9mm and I have yet to hear him complain.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My 'family' includes an XD(m) .40 full size (My EDC) and an XD9 SC (Her EDC) Both are great little shooters.

If you happen to be traveling up 37 toward Martinsville someday, PM me and we could probably work out a situation where you can abuse some of my steel and try them out. :)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Some people can't just let things go. Everyone knew what you meant.
    Now.....if your dad was a cop and he smacked you....
    Everyone on here would post an opinion, good or bad. Lol!

I know... it's just it drives me nuts when I hear ppl interchange the two... I know what they mean, just one of those quirky things! :n00b:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My 'family' includes an XD(m) .40 full size (My EDC) and an XD9 SC (Her EDC) Both are great little shooters.

If you happen to be traveling up 37 toward Martinsville someday, PM me and we could probably work out a situation where you can abuse some of my steel and try them out. :)

Sweet! I will definitely have to try and take you up on that... I'm really liking the specs of the XDm 9, and for the money, they seem like an excellent weapon... haven't really heard or seen anyone complain about them much...
    so they would seem a great choice... I've fondled them at the MC sports here, but fondling and shooting are two different things... kinda like fondling and.... :D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sweet! I will definitely have to try and take you up on that... I'm really liking the specs of the XDm 9, and for the money, they seem like an excellent weapon... haven't really heard or seen anyone complain about them much...
    so they would seem a great choice... I've fondled them at the MC sports here, but fondling and shooting are two different things... kinda like fondling and.... :D

Oh you just made my sig line!!!!:laugh:

Top Bottom