Anyone in the used car biz? Need best place to get used value.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been tasked with selling off my moms old car. The dealer trade was too low and they felt like they were giving it away. Parents are the type that gets new cars every 5 years or so, and honestly I'm surprised she kept it this long. Nothing wrong with it, just wants new and can afford it.

2005 Cadillac Deville
    107K miles
    Leather, moonroof, ragtop
    1 owner, 70 year old lady driven
    Only driven in summer-never seen salt. She had an AWD jeep for the winter

I checked NADA and KBB and there is a 30some % difference which is a lot on a $5k (my best guess) or so car. That was on private party, VG condition.
    I'm sure with some 20"s, white walls, and some window tint, the thugs would be all over this thing :whistle:

Where should I be looking INGO?

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    +1 cargurus. Just like trading a gun. The dealer has to give you wholesale on the trade so he can make some money on it. The more information you have, the better you can deal.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I always used KBB.com and Edmunds.com, then printed off the last page that shows the value and took that to the dealer. Everytime I did, they gave me that value for trade in without any hassle. You may get better than that in a private party sale, but I doubt it will be by much. Ive seen several cases by way of friends in the past couple years where super clean luxury cars with a few years on them, really took a hard hit on value, some of them had extremely low mileage even. Hopefully thats not the case for yours.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Keep in mind that color can also affect the price. Some colors are just more 'desirable', and sell quicker than others. The 'better' color may even sell for a bit more than the one with, say somewhat fewer miles, for example. The car dealerships know this as well.

Top Bottom