Anyone know of a suppressor with 14x1RH threads?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    You may want to think twice about suppressing that rifle. Putting a can on it will increase the time under pressure for the system and it can cause some damage to the gas system and receiver. You will also be a bit disappointed in the performance of the suppressor. Like the AK, the Vz58 has a pretty good sized gas port and venting that gas makes a lot of noise. I know this from experience and the guns I worked with didn't cost what yours did. If you do decide that you want to use an adapter to fit a suppressor to your rifle you can pick a thread that will work with normal cans rather than sticking to the original thread. If it has to be adapted why adapt it to something no one has???? I threaded my cans to fit the rifle but they were machineguns and didn't require that silly extension to keep them out of the SBR catagory. As a class 2 things can be simpler....
    I built suppressors for the AK in 7.62 and .223 as well as the Vz58, 1919, MG42 and 34 and a few others. The recoil operated guns work ok but need mods to the barrels to keep the rate of fire down. The gas guns all were pretty disappointing in both sound reduction and hammering the actions because of extra gas. The select fire rifles were normally fired only in semi with the suppressors installed and still didn't make it worth the trouble. If you really want to suppress something a bolt action is the way to go.

Frank

Top Bottom