Anyone know of any place hiring (INGO help needed)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Long story short, my mother has been laid off twice in the last 2 years due to companies downsizing.
    I am trying to help point her in the right direction to get her a reliable income to help ease the stress.
    She has been driving for UBER to help pay the bills, and although it is helping, it isn't cutting it.
    She is a very self-motivated individual with an outstanding work ethic who instilled such values in me
    and as such it hurts to see her and dad stressing on paying their bills. She is 60 but 100% fit and does not
    look or act "senior". She works out frequently and is in outstanding health and physical shape.

That said, she fears that her age is what is keeping people from contacting her regarding her resume or
    other job applications. She is using career builder, temp agencies, and is putting in applications on her
    own as well. She has a 2 year associates degree from a college in Ohio (I know it sounds horrible but right off
    hand I don't remember the college or the major). She has work experience as Sales and Inventory as
    well as a sales order administrator for her previous 2 jobs (AT Systems tech, GARDA).

I am not asking for a handout, and I hate having to air her laundry. As a matter of fact, if I told
    her I was trying to help her out by posting online she would probably get mad. That said, I just
    cant stand seeing her stress out about paying her bills and keeping her home.

If anyone is aware of any places hiring around the Indianapolis, Shelbyville, New Palestine,
    Greenwood, etc. areas I would love to hear about it so I can point her in the right direction.

I have seen the INGO community help before, so I figured I would see If anyone was aware of
    any opportunities out there that she may have overlooked.

She is not picky at this point as to pay or anything else.

Thank You

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Check Walmart and Meijers stores. Around here they are usually hiring. My daughter and her mom work for Walmart. Her mom works in the deli and she likes it. My daughter worked cash register and didn't care much for it. Her boyfriend works in the electronics department. He seems to like it. YMMV

Walmart now starts at 10 bucks an hour.

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Try integrity staffing they are hiring for Amazon warehouse starting at around $13/hr

I would try this... but I'm guessing Integrity is gonna give her the "Don't call us, we'll call you" routine... Amazon is long hours (usually 12+) on your feet, on concrete, etc. From the sounds of the OP, she could do it.. but they probably wouldn't even let her try.

Assemblix hires for FoxConn out in Plainfield. I think it starts around $12, but they work the dog crap out of you.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't have anything helpful to post other than to encourage her not to give up. I went through this exact same thing with my Mother for several years. She has always done exceptionally well wherever she worked but after 60 the offers were few and far between. She worked at Fedex sorting boxes for a couple of years and hated every minute of it. I tried to keep her positive and encourage her to keep trying and something finally worked out. She's very happy now and things are looking up.

Good luck, I hope your Mother finds something soon.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Drive North on Ronald Reagan just off 70 in Plainfield, many of the warehouses are still advertising for help even after the Christmas rush!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yah, I am seeing more and more job openings available. Of all places, Rickers convenience store looked to pay OK on their flyer thing(of course, OK to me is anything above what i made out of college 20 yrs ago). Not sure what she's looking for income...but I think they were paying 11/hr. She might do that for a while along with her Uber stuff. The Rickers I saw was in Taylorsville(Edinburgh)

Good Luck!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sorry to hear about your mother needing work. I hate when I see people who will work unable to find work....while those who are screw ups, get work. If she would like she could give Abacus Staffing a call....it's in Plainfield, maybe they have something open.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Has she tried out at Indiana Grand? I just looked at their job postings and seen they are hiring for a catering sales manager among other possible openings.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    How close is Costco to opening at county line and emerson? May be worth checking out.

Also, Stanley out in greenfield had a sign up the other day that they were hiring. It's on New Rd. Just west of 9.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have no affiliation with this company, but this is copied from an email I got from them yesterday:

Edit...sorry about the format. I cant figure out how to make it post just text.

Sani-Bright & Rug Gallery Flooring are growing again!

CustomDivider.png

S.gif

S.gif

We are opening a new showroom in Zionsville for Rug Gallery Flooring featuring Furniture, Rugs & Flooring
    a
    Do you know someone who is good with people?
    Are they able to handle multiple tasks at one time?
    When you meet them, do you instantly want to get to know them?
    Would you want them working in your home?
    Do they have high integrity and a strong drive to succeed?
    Are they good with details?
    a
    If so we want to meet them...
    HAVE THEM CONTACT US

S.gif

Here is what we are looking for

Customer Care Team Member..... 1 opening

• A self starter, team player
    • Strong computer skills - Word & Excel
    • Professional phone skills
    • Can set a schedule
    • Likes serving others
    • Can handle daily change
    • We are willing to teach the right person about our industry
    This is a 40 hour position on our client service team
    Monday to Friday
    Hourly pay
    Paid Vacation, Retirement, Holiday & Sick days
    This position is at our West 96th Street location.

Carpet Cleaning Technician..... 1 opening

• Strong work ethic
    • Clean driving record
    • Can keep a schedule
    • Likes serving others
    • Can handle daily change and manage business priorities

This is a 40 hour flex position on our field service team
    Monday to Friday
    Hourly pay
    This position is at our West 96th Street location.

Retail Showroom Associate..... 3 openings

• Excellent communication skills
    • Enjoys design and home interior projects
    • Strong computer skills - Word & Excel
    • Can learn quickly
    • Likes serving others
    • Can handle daily change
    These are 20-40 hour flex positions on our retail team. The show room is open Monday to Saturday. We are not open Sundays.
    Hourly pay
    These positions are at our Zionsville location.

If you know someone that you believe can deliver the same level of customer service you have received as our customer, please let them know we have an opening.

Have them send a resume via email.
    career@sani-bright.com

I look forward to hearing from your friends and family

Thanks again for choosing our services we continue to grow because you use our services and share our name with your friends and family.

Tom & Karen King
    Owners

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Kroger had a huge hiring thing, not sure if it is still going on.

She looking for full time or part time?
    Is she interested in driving a school bus or being an aid (there is a huge pay difference)? Get half the day and summer off and most holidays.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I may be able to help. PM me please. I am in the process of hiring for seasonal help and I have some jobs that may be suitable for someone like her.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've seen ads for center grove drivers and I think was like $23/hr, but as said there are limited hours but probably overtime for special trips and such

Kroger had a huge hiring thing, not sure if it is still going on.

She looking for full time or part time?
    Is she interested in driving a school bus or being an aid (there is a huge pay difference)? Get half the day and summer off and most holidays.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've seen ads for center grove drivers and I think was like $23/hr, but as said there are limited hours but probably overtime for special trips and such

If they do the extra trips like my township does it will be at a reduced rate and won't count towards your hours of normal work. 23/hr isn't bad starting out but I would guess there is a lack of benefits.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    I am the OM of a small manufacturing company, It is in Columbus, I would be happy to take a look at her resume and see if I have anything that fits. Just send me a PM

Top Bottom