• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    tumblr_mem867tfLe1rw5vcwo1_500.jpg

I'd really like to purchase one, but I can't find out a single thing about it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have to go with raid ops! good knives. the blade finish he doesn't have up in most his new photos but he definitely does similar finishes.

the reason I'm not going with crusader forge is because of the handle shape. It's not possible for me to have seen every knife they put out but every fixed blade of there's I have ever seen has almost the exact same handle or a straight handle. like this pic below. it is even so for the bigger knives. however some of the smaller knives have just a straight handle but I have never seen one like in the picture above.

22001.jpg

All that being said either will serve you very well. both are awesome companies that make awesome tools. crusader forge does a lot of charity work and donations for wounded soldiers too. very cool stuff. there is a lot of times a guy who carries crusader forge at the 1500. he will usually have 1 or 2 of their knives.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You will see that rocky mountain type handle used for both Raid Ops and CF Trident models, but the blade grind looks more like it would be from the Raid Ops line up. CF Tridents grinds tend to be more simple with the exception of their 3D blades. :dunno: Just a guess on my part.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    the edge, the way it is sharpened, makes me lean towards RAID OPS. on the other hand, it doesn't look as uncomfortable as most raid ops knives!

either way, i would contact both companies.... and then post pictures and info after you get yours!

i like it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm not talking about the rocky mountain handle types. I'm speaking directly about the shape of the how it's straight and then flares out half way down. that and then a completely straight handle are the only handles I have ever seen on CF. I have never seen a contoured handle w/ a finger groove on a crusader forge. I just spend 30 minutes searching the internet for one and they all have the same handle shape that I posted or a straight handle. w/ the scalloped/rocky mountain styles.

I will also throw out one more possibility. kiku knives. A crazy aweosome maker. speaks no english and is always at blade show. he makes some of the coolest blades!! I have never seen one with that blade finish but his etches are stupid sick and I would bet he could do the above. the handles look exactly like his though. scroll through the pics.

Kikuo Matsuda Knife Fine Japanese Knife Direct from Japan.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I'm not talking about the rocky mountain handle types. I'm speaking directly about the shape of the how it's straight and then flares out half way down. that and then a completely straight handle are the only handles I have ever seen on CF. I have never seen a contoured handle w/ a finger groove on a crusader forge. I just spend 30 minutes searching the internet for one and they all have the same handle shape that I posted or a straight handle. w/ the scalloped/rocky mountain styles.

I will also throw out one more possibility. kiku knives. A crazy aweosome maker. speaks no english and is always at blade show. he makes some of the coolest blades!! I have never seen one with that blade finish but his etches are stupid sick and I would bet he could do the above. the handles look exactly like his though. scroll through the pics.

Kikuo Matsuda Knife Fine Japanese Knife Direct from Japan.

i thought about kiku for a second. but the roughness of the cutting edge finish, and the uneven depth on the thumb serrations are uncharacteristic of him..... the finish definetely looks like his though!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    raid ops, CF, and Kiku make some amazing blades. anyone of them will out last your for sure. I have only one CF blade and I had 2 of kiku's blades but had to let them go. they are amazing. Never had a raid ops but have handled a few and they are damn nice also.

If you got some spare change they are well worth the money and will serve you well for sure.

Top Bottom