Anyone Know Where I Can Get Free Moving Boxes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm packing up and moving out this weekend and am trying to conserve funds. Does anyone know where I can pickup about 20 medium or large sized cardboard boxes? I'm on the east side of Indianpolis. Any tips or help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Family dollar , or other stores like it .
    They usually have al the boxes broken down in a seperate dumpster.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I have probably 20 medium and large boxes in my garage from when I bought my house. They need taped back together cause they are flattened obviously. I live in beech grove, if you want them they are yours. Just shoot me a PM.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Call Lowe's and ask for the receiving department. Ask the receiving clerk to have the night manager tell their crew to stack a pallet with broke down boxes for two nights and you will be set. If you ask nice they might even band them down for you.

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    ive seen people give them away on craigslist a lot, also walmart at night they normally have customers come in looking for boxes, best depts. to hit up are water/drinks housewares, normally just give them away to people also banana boxes are good to, like others have stated

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    ive seen people give them away on craigslist a lot, also walmart at night they normally have customers come in looking for boxes, best depts. to hit up are water/drinks housewares, normally just give them away to people also banana boxes are good to, like others have stated

I never had luck getting anything for free from walmart unless it's through an non-profit charity. I'll tell you what my aunt did....she bought bunch of rubbermaid containers and label each with a number in order, and created a spread sheet of what was in each container via the number outside of the container.

Expensive, but waterproof and can help keep bugs out...and can be reused later when you want to store other things in the garage/storage unit. Get the same containers and they stack nicely. Just a suggestion.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Your local fast food places, such as McDonald's. They go through a million boxes of stuff a day. Just call and ask if they will set them aside instead of throwing them in the big dumpster out behind the store.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Since you're on a time frame, just call around and ask the managers of different stores in your area if they have any boxes you could take off their hands. They usually just crush/bale them and put 'em by the dumpster. Ask when their deliveries come in and if you can make it there, tell them to hold the bigger ones off to the side for you. When we moved, I went to a local Walgreens and asked them to hold some for me and I got more boxes than i knew what to do with from them... it may have helped that i used to work there though :dunno:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Only bad thing about getting used boxes is you never know if you got a roach hiding in the perforated part of the cardboard. Only takes one to cause an infection... *cringes*

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I never had luck getting anything for free from walmart unless it's through an non-profit charity. I'll tell you what my aunt did....she bought bunch of rubbermaid containers and label each with a number in order, and created a spread sheet of what was in each container via the number outside of the container.

Expensive, but waterproof and can help keep bugs out...and can be reused later when you want to store other things in the garage/storage unit. Get the same containers and they stack nicely. Just a suggestion.

used to work for walmart, people would just come in and ask for the opened boxes that were just going to be compacted anyway, as you stock the shelves people wanted the boxes, never heard anything from mngers saying they couldn't have it

Top Bottom