Anyone know where to get a air rifle rebuilt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Mike D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple old Ben Franklin pump air rifles that need rebuilt. I used to shoot these with my father growing up and would like to shoot them again but am having problems finding somewhere local to have them rebuilt. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I used a place in New Jersey several years ago but can't find their link anymore. You should be able to come up with many places with a quick google search but btdt experience is a definite plus! I have a newer Benjamin Marauder that I recently bought a seal kit for and plan on rebuilding myself. That may be an option for you too if you can cand the parts online.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm unsure if they can do a straight repair for an airgun you didn't buy from them, but PyramydAir apparently does repairs on many brands of them, including Benjamin (the brand of your two pump guns), as indicated by the quote from their site below:

"Pyramyd Air is an authorized airgun repair station for Air Arms, Air Venturi, Beeman, Benjamin, Crosman, Eun Jin, Evanix, Mendoza, Sam Yang airguns. If an airgun you purchased from Pyramyd Air is defective, you may return it to us within our 30-day return period. Call us at 888-262-4867 for more info. Please do not send us your airgun before calling us and receiving authorization to do so."

I have bought two airguns from them over the years, plus thousands of pellets, and they are a very good vendor.
    I would call them and see if they will give you a quote for repairs on your Benjamin air rifles.
    One thing I'll note is that they sell brand new Benjamin model 392 (.22 caliber pump gun) & 397 (.177 caliber pump gun) air rifles for $170, so keep that in mind when weighing the merits of paying for repairs, as it's possible that the cost for repairs could exceed the price of an identical brand new one.
    I suspect that it's a simple matter of a seal replacement, so probably not all that expensive, but you won't know that until they've had a look at them.
    Air Guns and Airsoft Guns | Your Source for Air Guns and Air Gun Accessories

Top Bottom