Anyone know where to get a cheap vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I've been scouring Craigslist for cheap but reliable stuff for months but I'm either a bit too late to set something up or the guy never responds to calls/texts/or emails. Anywhere else I could look? I'm talking $600 cheap at the moment. :abused:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    the local pick and pull scrap yard by me sells complete running cars from time to time, or indiana auto and rv mag

Auto and RV has good stuff but most things start at $1,500 it seems. Do most scrap yards do that you think? Where are you located? I'm looking for basic transportation nothing special.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Friend of mine is selling is Buick Skylark for $500. Works fine. One speaker is blown out. As far as I know, it's never been wrecked. If you want to get in contact with him, PM me and I'll hook you two up. He lives down in Greenwood/Southport

He bought a new car, so right now it's just sitting in the lot at his condo.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It seems like there are plenty of used cars in driveways and parking lots for sale here in the Sellersburg area.

Brushscrubber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You could try the public auto auction but right now is not really a good time to buy there. With folks getting their tax refunds the auction prices are about 3 times as high as the rest of the year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been scouring Craigslist for cheap but reliable stuff for months but I'm either a bit too late to set something up or the guy never responds to calls/texts/or emails. Anywhere else I could look? I'm talking $600 cheap at the moment. :abused:

Cheap and reliable are not going to happen in your budget unless an uncle sets you up.
    $1500 will barely get you in the game.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Cheap and reliable are not going to happen in your budget unless an uncle sets you up.
    $1500 will barely get you in the game.

I don't know...since I've been on break I've been scanning Craigslist like a hawk and you find lots of cheap trucks. Dad just doesn't want to take me to see them. Some look rusty and the seats are worn and the bed is all dented up but if it runs, drives, stops, turns, and won't do anything bad while doing all that I don't care. :dunno:

Top Bottom