• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'd strongly advise anyone thinking about it to buy the best 7 to 10 cubic foot freezer you can afford, and buy a 1/2 beef, or a quarter, from your friendly neighborhood farmer. The beef is usually better tasting than storebought, and is almost always better for you. Plus, it's a great hedge on inflation. I would also strongly recommend that you buy at least enough generator to run your freezer and a few lights, just to cya.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    All feed came from Wallace grain in Sheridan IN, you would be welcome to call and have them read you my tickets (ingredients) as I have a account there, this is the same beef I feed my family...

I will let everyone know price and cuts tomorrow, only bad part is only one brisket per cow...

OK is there anything I need to know before I call? Do they have more than one cattle feed? I only know you as SMiller. :)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    ^This!!!
    I was lucky to get in on a deal like this with KLB (another NWI INGO member) on a cow his sister in law raised up here.
    O.M.G. the meat is beyond ANYTHING you can ever get from the local grocery store!
    My family only eats ground beef so for us that is all we get but :wow:

I'm down to only 2 lbs left :crying: and need to see if he or someone else locally will go in on another cow deal like this.
    OP and others lucky you if you can get in on this deal.

I try to buy grass-fed as much as possible, but GMO-free is good, too. We eat it all, but I can't get liking the steaks. So many experts preach against eating red meat nowadays, but beef raised the way it is supposed to be is good for us. I buy a lot from This Old Farm in Colfax, IN. Love the pastured pork there!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I didn't forget about everyone, got the cows dropped of today but won't know weights till in the morning, I will update with size and price after talking to the butcher.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We love ours -- raised by someone else as we for some reason don't finish our own calves. ??? (perhaps someday again) Dry hung for 3 weeks. Definitely you will need a freezer. And never eat steak out again.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I gotta ask ... WHAT were you thinking? They are required to **** on everything!

I don't have a good layout for loading out, barn is besides pasture, move them into barn then back trailer up to barn and hope they feel like going in. Keep in mind what it was like outside,I am still cold thinking about yesterday!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    SMiller, I think you have a Group Buy opportunity here.

I wish I had enough for everybody! Going to be lots of disappointed people.

I am game on setting a hundred pounds in patties aside for a meet and eat if anyone is game, might have to warm up a little first though.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I believe I have responded to everyone's PM's, if anyone else is looking for a 1/4, 1/2, or whole let me know, first come first serve, beef will be ready to be picked up in two weeks.

Top Bottom