• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    When it comes to .22, I go with a six shooter. It ain't cheap , but it never ftf's. I use a S&W k-22 . Thanks to Mom. She left me a couple good guns, and this is one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have an SR22 with the threaded barrel. It's unbelievably reliable. I'm also really interested in a 22LR revolver, and have been leaning towards the SP101. Sorry about how the OP feels about Ruger. I get it to a point, but remember that Ruger and Smith both stood up to CA not too long ago over their microstamping law.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Think I will give the Browning a try. Thanks to those that recommended it!

As to Ruger, he sold shooters AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS down the river for his own profit. Others can turn a cheek. I will leave that to Jesus and hope Bill is spending eternity where all American TRAITORS should be. I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.

It is a source of much gratitude to me that God did not take the same attitude towards me.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area

As to Ruger, he sold shooters AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS down the river for his own profit. Others can turn a cheek. I will leave that to Jesus and hope Bill is spending eternity where all American TRAITORS should be. I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.

So, do you or do you not own any Smith's ? and as to the rest of your statement all I can say is WOW!:n00b:

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I'll agree with the Browning Buckmark line.
    They are reliable, sturdy & in my experience are much easier to break down & clean than the Mark I & II...I can't say for the Mark III, haven't handled one.
    I'll give recommendation for the Walther SP 22 pistols as well.
    Mine has been very reliable, has the threaded barrel, but the internal slide is a little tricky to break down for cleaning.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Considering some of the other errors in the OP's statements, it's possible that he is unaware that the others explaining to him that Bill Ruger is dead was taken as figuratively dead rather than literally dead.
    Yes, BR was dead wrong by joining hands with the anti-gunners, but his bad idea was revoked, and he's not going to be around to revive it.
    Besides, he came up with some of the most innovative guns this side of John Moses Browning.
    -A happy Ruger M77 and Blackhawk owner for over twenty-five years now

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    You appear to have a lot of hatred going there. Most do not spend time hating current Germans or Japanese for WW2. You can do as you wish with your firearm, but I hope you can find a way to overcome your hostility. Good luck.

Well I certainly admire you for showing a stronger Christian attitude than I but we are not talking about something, bumping a neighbors car, cheating on taxes etc., we are talking about someone IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY who TOOK AWAY OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS to the benefit of his company. No 30 round mags, no bayo lugs, no 'assault' rifles. Yea 'dear' Bill pretty much outlawed everything that he DIDN'T sell.

Each to his own but that doesn't rate a "OOPS", or a "I am sorry."

As to your question about the Germans and Japs my father was also a Marine, Guadalcanal, and he would never buy a Jap car. I have a elderly neighbor who was the only family member who survived a Concentration camp.

You can forgive someone for a ACCIDENT but when someones actions are DELIBERATE, that puts things on another plane. As to you Ruger fans, spend your money as you see fit, most adults that remember 1994 do also.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well I certainly admire you for showing a stronger Christian attitude than I but we are not talking about something, bumping a neighbors car, cheating on taxes etc., we are talking about someone IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY who TOOK AWAY OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS to the benefit of his company. No 30 round mags, no bayo lugs, no 'assault' rifles. Yea 'dear' Bill pretty much outlawed everything that he DIDN'T sell.

As to your question about the Germans and Japs my father was also a Marine, Guadalcanal, and he would never buy a Jap car. I have a elderly neighbor who was the only family member who survived a Concentration camp.

You can forgive someone for a ACCIDENT but when someones actions are DELIBERATE, that puts things on another plane. As to you Ruger fans, spend your money as you see fit, most adults that remember 1994 do also.

So much wrong in so few sentences. Firstly, I am no Christian and you appear to be under the misimpression that forgiveness is exclusively or primarily a Christian trait. You might as well have said "That's mighty white of you". Further, although I resent Bill Ruger's positions on certain 2A rights, I have no illusions that he had any power whatsoever to outlaw anything. That is the province of governments who claim exclusive right to use force to limit people's freedoms in their own homes and in public. Private individuals and companies have no ability to outlaw things except (to an extent) within their own property.

Many of us can use personal history to talk about various crimes, wars and other violence and how they affect our attitudes towards those who directly hurt us. However, you seem to want to make this a generational hatred. There are civilizations in the Middle East that would agree with that attitude, but I do not. I can certainly understand your father having problems with purchasing a Japanese car and benefiting those he directly fought against. I do not believe that current Japanese/Germans should be viewed through that lens and punished for the sins of their fathers/grandfathers. The current generation deals with us primarily through peaceful trade and cooperative defense. Therefore, I have no resentment towards them. Do you?

Similarly with Ruger, many of us see similarly a new generation that supports 2A rights and builds excellent hardware to exercise those rights. In other words, they interact with us through peaceful trade and cooperative defense. I choose not to resent a group that supports my rights. You are free to do otherwise.

Last edited:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have a Ruger SR22 pistol that's great. No problems ever. I use it for practice and to introduce new shooters to handguns.
    I had a Walther P22 that was junk, bought the SR22 and never looked back.

I also have a Ruger Mark I Target that was my Grandfather's and it's been flawless as well, but that's old school for ya.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area

Hey op, I still would like to know, do you own any s & w guns or to you just hate Bill Ruger and can't let it go? In your way of thinking you must feel the same way about Smith, so please let us know. Oh and what about Colt? You know some years back they were only selling guns to the military and police and not to us low life folks, do you hate Sam Colt also?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We've had a Colt .22 for years that has never not fired. Though some low powered ammo will not lock the slide back on the last round. Accurate too.

This is not the Woodsman. Colt tried to market it as the Cadet but ran into copyright issues and sold it simply as the Colt .22. It is silly easy to break down and clean too.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If quiet, accurate and reliable is what you are looking for in a 22lr pistol nothing previously mentioned can match the T/C Contender. A brick of ammo lasts much longer too. I'm kind of partial to the single shots though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Still waiting on the answer about S&W. They *still* have the Hillary hole on their revolvers. Ruger's dirty past is literally dead and there's no reminder on their current offerings. Almost every S&W revolver that rolls off the assembly line has a little reminder on the side about how they snuggled up to the Clintons to save their business.

Compare what Bill Ruger did to try and save the Mini 14 vs what S&W did to try and save their backsides from the Fed's lawsuit and tell me who sold us further down the river. Compare modern offerings of Ruger and S&W and tell me which still has a birthmark from those dark days when our 2nd amendment was under assault like no other time in modern history. You think '86 machinegun changes affected folks...how many own machineguns vs snub nose revolvers?

HUD Archives: Remarks by HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo - Smith & Wesson Agreement

https://www.gunowners.org/op0123htm.htm

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

That's a real nice Straw Man you've got there, and you clearly had fun demolishing it.

Bill Ruger retired in 2000, and died in 2002. Buying guns designed and manufactured after he stopped having any involvement in the company does not make one a "Bill supporter". Appreciating the products and direction of the company today does not make one a "Bill supporter".

Top Bottom