• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't need it this minute, I'm just curious at the moment.

Does anyone here reload the 7.7x58 Jap round?

I have a type 99 Arisaka and a couple hundred rounds of brand new brass cased ammo. I found a set of dies at an auction, but I can't find any data.
    I'm a new reloader, so I'm still learning where all the resources are.

So, where can I find load data for the 7.7Jap?

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    Not knowing the quality of your T99 since they run from beautiful to abysmal, I'd recommend using 303 British load data for starting loads. If you have a fine quality rifle and not a last ditch rifle, you can use 7.65x53 or 8mm Mauser load data since the good ones have the same or better strength than K98 Mausers.

Hornady, Lyman, Sierra, LEE all provide decent load data for you. Sierra will e-mail you pdf copies of their load data if you contact them. If you own their manual you can just 3-hole punch the printout and stick it in the manual!

Bruce

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not knowing the quality of your T99 since they run from beautiful to abysmal, I'd recommend using 303 British load data for starting loads. If you have a fine quality rifle and not a last ditch rifle, you can use 7.65x53 or 8mm Mauser load data since the good ones have the same or better strength than K98 Mausers.

Hornady, Lyman, Sierra, LEE all provide decent load dat for you. Sierra will e-mail you pdf copies of their load data if you contact them. If you own their manual you can just 3-hole punch the printout and stick it in the manual!

Bruce

Cosmetically my T99 looks "like it's been through a war", but mechanically it is almost pristine.
    The bolt and bore are shiney and bright. The crown is in good shape and has not been counter-bored.
    It looks like it's been well taken care of, just beat up about the stock.
    Stock finish is worn, but the bluing is still strong.
    I even still have a complete set of anti-aircraft sights!

I thought I looked at the LEE site, but I'll check again.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Arisaka's are fun to load for, I've got lots of "old" data for 150 and 180 grain fmj loads that worked famously if you shoot me a PM I'll figure out how to get that to you.

Top Bottom