• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Has anyone seen the footage of the police retrieving the assault rifle from the car? Who has EVER seen an AR cleared from the side????? Charging handle anyone???? Now I know that there are AK's but that is not what they said was used. It was a Bushmaster. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ah yes....no AR-15 was used in the school because there was a shotgun in his trunk...outside the school....O........K

I never got too absorbed in that. My problem is that the narrative has been changing completely every 15 minutes since this started. Usually, the truth doesn't change, so this story being all over the road is highly suspicious.

I had heard reports that some people saw additional footage of an AR coming out of the trunk in addition to this weapon, but I haven't seen it personally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You assume the "truth" was reported from the beginning and early reports were not dominated by hearsay and speculation. I don't know that I would make that assumption.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The narrative changed for the first week or so. Seems every news outlet has the same cohesive story now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I never got too absorbed in that. My problem is that the narrative has been changing completely every 15 minutes since this started. Usually, the truth doesn't change, so this story being all over the road is highly suspicious.

I had heard reports that some people saw additional footage of an AR coming out of the trunk in addition to this weapon, but I haven't seen it personally.

The truth doesn't but the story sure does. The rush to be first over the rush to be right often guarantees that in the media today.

You'll also see things they overhear officers say misinterpreted or simply misunderstood and then passed on like gospel. Seen that myself in our local paper when reporting on scenes I was actually on. Example, fatal crash, crash reconstructionist asks initial officer onscene "did he say anything about being on his cell phone?" gets overheard by bystanding reporter, next thing you know you hear "cell phone use suspected in fatal crash". He either misunderstood or made the leap because it sexed the article up a bit.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    At this point the truth doesnt matter. The left has decided that this event is going to be the justification for banning semi-auto magazine fed rifles.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The footage they are claiming is an AR is the same one that shows the officer ejecting a 12g shell out of the Saiga.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The footage they are claiming is an AR is the same one that shows the officer ejecting a 12g shell out of the Saiga.

I mean footage of a second entirely different gun than the Saiga. As I said, I haven't seen it personally but have heard others claim to have seen both sets of footage. Still left not knowing for sure, but alerted to the question.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I mean footage of a second entirely different gun than the Saiga. As I said, I haven't seen it personally but have heard others claim to have seen both sets of footage. Still left not knowing for sure, but alerted to the question.

I will still assume it is the exact footage until I see it for myself. And even then, what does that prove? The kid couldn't have two ARs?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The truth doesn't but the story sure does. The rush to be first over the rush to be right often guarantees that in the media today.

You'll also see things they overhear officers say misinterpreted or simply misunderstood and then passed on like gospel. Seen that myself in our local paper when reporting on scenes I was actually on. Example, fatal crash, crash reconstructionist asks initial officer onscene "did he say anything about being on his cell phone?" gets overheard by bystanding reporter, next thing you know you hear "cell phone use suspected in fatal crash". He either misunderstood or made the leap because it sexed the article up a bit.

Reasonable enough, but why am I required to believe that the last version is the truth. They could just as easily have told the truth before they thought to lie.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I do not wish to appear callous but has anyone ever seen the M. E. report as to what caliber bullets were found in the victims? That would settle the question of what gun(s) were used in this atrocity.

Top Bottom