• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    likely early rubs are mature deer regardless of size of tree.
    noticed one on a lane but I'm staying out of woods for another 10 days or so.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Seen rubs over 2 weeks ago, they we 2 about 3ft from each other... Now there is a rub line in that area about 30yds long about 15 or so rubs and 3 scraps.... The biggeat tree I seen that has a rub is about 6" around .... Hope I get to see him in the day light, but I been staying out of there till about the last week of Oct. then time to start hunt'n hard for me.... I start my Vac. on the 8th of Nov. thru the first 3 days of gun... Can't wait fired up, just wait'n for the last week of Oct. then things will really start to change....

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Saw a few on a new farm I am hunting. Has anyone ever seen a deer bend small trees over? Next to some scrapes on some young willow looking trees I see scrapes but one of the trees is bent over as well. I have a camera up now but wont get to it until Friday.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    one rub, no scrapes yet. I have had a scrape in the same location for three 3 years on the edge of my oats, and it has yet to appear this year.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess it's time to go check my young trees out in the yard. I lose more trees to deer mauls than anything else.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Found plenty of scrapes Sunday so I'm relocating some of my cameras to see what's making them.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    another question and might have been answered already but I am new to deer hunting... in our woods I have found a few rubs on the trees about waist to shoulder high and then not too far a spot on the ground about 14" wide and 2ft long that looks like tine marks in the mud.. not squirrels but you can see tine marks in the mud.. at least thats what I am calling them or the squirrels are using sharp sticks... again new to hunting..... Thanks.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    another question and might have been answered already but I am new to deer hunting... in our woods I have found a few rubs on the trees about waist to shoulder high and then not too far a spot on the ground about 14" wide and 2ft long that looks like tine marks in the mud.. not squirrels but you can see tine marks in the mud.. at least thats what I am calling them or the squirrels are using sharp sticks... again new to hunting..... Thanks.
    Thats called a scrape and that is from a buck clawing at the ground with his hooves. They also pee on the area to mark territory just like a dog.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    [video=youtube_share;HT07j-3nfTs]http://youtu.be/HT07j-3nfTs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;A8NRrFatjs8]http://youtu.be/A8NRrFatjs8[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Found a rub on one of the trees in my yard. I need to see if I can find that corrugated pipe to enclose the trunks of all the little ones in my yard.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got pretty wet this morning (no sleep either). Saw nothing but 3 wet fox squirrels (w 3 wet pineys).
    On the way out around noon found this one:

ukJvyeJ.jpg

Tore the BW down to make sure the water wouldn't swell a pin and damage a limb- didn't need to, plenty of wax on bolts/pins.
    But with no limbs for these old ones made anymore, can't be too careful. Fletch dried out just fine, was babied on way home stacked with gear in the Jeep.

CFLqxfi.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Buddy seen a dink work a scrape then moved on, a hour later a shooter come by and worked the same srcape and made a rub but the went the wrong way after , didnt take the same trail as the dink did so no shot... He was fired up to see him anyway, so hes headed back tot the same spot this morning... He got me a little fired up so this will be my 3rd hunt this year so Im heading to a spot I just hung a stand earlier in the year , haven't ever hunted this spot before but it looks killer... Hunting my best woods this evening haven't been there this year eaither, just hunting it do the wind changeing from NNW of the morning to SW for the evening... Guess I'll see what happens....

Top Bottom