• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi - I have an opportunity to pick up some Aguila 45 acp FMJ for plinking - any reviews out there for this ammo?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've shot a few boxes of their .45 and quite a bit of 22. No problems with any of it, well except that some of it really smells bad! ;)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Super high velocity 22 smell like ass after you shoot it.

The Sniper Subs are pretty cool.

I've shot about 200-250 rounds of their 223 and it's done great

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Good stuff, used 230gr .45 and a lot of .22lr. The .45 seemed to have more snap and a little dirtier than other .45 stuff I've used, it reliably goes bang, and was decently priced. The .22lr is one of the few that my marlin likes to feed/eject properly.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I had some 38 spl (revolver) that did not eject as easily, but it was really hot outside, I think the loads were a little hot (no chrono) and it was the 3rd or 4th speed load. I will chaulk it up to heat and ignorace on my part, besides I think that problem is fairly common in .357. I was a little concerned about it at the time, but I have learned to tap the ejector more than once on the revolver.
    I have shot the 60 grain 22lr ammo without issue. This 60 grain stuff beats the crap out of bulk Winchester, and Remington. They have some high velocity 22 that I would like to check out.
    I have also used the Super Colibri rounds. I am not sure they are that accurate at distance, but they are quiet out of a rifle (sound like a pelet gun). I may try to get some more and also the standard Colibri.

Top Bottom